2nd trimester starts when..

justonemore31

Reaction score
Hey gurls. So I'm just curious as to when y'all considered yourselves in the 2nd trimester? Was it 12, 13 or 14 wks?

I thought it was 12 weeks ?!

Edited typo put 13 instead of 12 !

Last edited:
According to the NHS website second tri starts at week 13 until week 27. Third tri is week 28 until 41 .

I always thought it started at week 12 but apparently it’s week 14.

And I thought 3rd tri was week 27 but apparently it’s week 28.

I’m sure it’s changed since I was last pregnant :rofl:

We went with 14 weeks. 40 doesn't divide evenly into 3 so it's technically something like 13.3, so we just rounded up.

Midwife here.
14 weeks as a full term pregnancy is 42 weeks, divide by 3 is 14. Lots of women feel like 12 weeks is ever since the 12 week scan became a thing and feel "safe" after 12 weeks. Some obgyns, particularly in the us are saying 12 to fit with this feeling from women/their standard policy of inducing earlier than 42 weeks.
But join the second trimester board when you feel like!

Whenever you decide between weeks 12 & 14

I never felt “officially” in the second tri til finally passing the furthest deadline though

Thanks for all responses. I would count 13 weeks but I'm 12 today so I'll stay here and get to know everyone. Thank you girls!

I think around 13 weeks. I was hanging out for the second trimester with both pregnancies but now I’m here and still sick haha. But def getting slowy better so that’s exciting! Hope you’re feeling better too

I think around 13 weeks. I was hanging out for the second trimester with both pregnancies but now I’m here and still sick haha. But def getting slowy better so that’s exciting! Hope you’re feeling better too

Yeah I still have moments of feeling crappy and in my previous pregnancy i didn't feel better till 16 wks. I have a ton of food aversions yet and even though I eat I just don't crave anything nor have an appetite. I hope you feel better soon completely.

Mmm it sucks I didn’t get better until 18 weeks last time so hopefully I’ve only got a couple more weeks to go. Such torture!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->