2yr old and glasses

amylw1

my 3 boys in avatar. x
Reaction score
hi,

appologies if this is not in the right place, but i have looked and it seemed the best option.

at end jan this year we noticed on a photo taken at my birthday that my 2yr old sons right eye was going inwards.....well we went docs who got us an appointment at the hospital within a week, they did all sorts of tests etc and confirmed he has a squint (not worried as his 6yr old bro has 1) anyway 2 weeks after hospital visit his glasses were ready for collection.

NOW THE PROBLEM.....HOW do i get said 2yr old to wear his glasses??? he keeps taking them off and screams at us. i have put up a sticker chart (colour coded for hour slots as he doesnt understand time) but he seems to be spending mroe time screaming and taking them off than actually wearing them. i didnt have this problem with his bro as he was nearly 4 when he got his glasses.

has anyone been through this and how did you convince child to wear them?? i really dont have any ideas and i dont want to scare my son by forcing them on him, but at the same time they are not going to do him any good if sat in the case.

I haven't, but there was a thread in toddlers/preschool about toddlers and glasses not long ago. You might want to ask on that thread - maybe someone can help! xx https://www.babyandbump.com/toddler-pre-school/862621-does-anyones-toddler-wear-glasses.html

Alex has glasses, so far the only way we manage is to put them
On whilst she's watching something she loves. Hoping that the time she wears them will increase.
Morning seems better.

thank you fpr replies, will go and look at toddler thread.

AtomicPink - i didnt realise alex had them, hope shes doing ok and your other lil one. x

Yeah she's had them for a while now, although she enjoys snapping them for fun :dohh: gone through so many frames already that I'm embarrassed to see the optician. :blush:

Today she gave them to me to put them on, so persevering must be good. I never make her wear them if she doesn't want to, I want her to see them as good things yknow?

We are good hunny, madness in this house these days! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->