2yrs check up.

jacobs mummy

mum of 1
Reaction score
Jacobs is having his 2 year check up tomorrow? Anyone know what they'll be doing with him or what they'll be checking for? First child so i don't know if he's doing what a 2 year old should be. He understands all his body parts if i ask him.. even knee's and elbows. He understand colours and can tell me if i ask him "what colour". My only worry is his talking... it's still a bit baby talk! like boo (is blue) and gween (green) althou he says purple and beige perfect! which i would have thought are harder! He isn't putting words together yet, apart from get down! i must say it that often to him... he's tell me when he wants a wee althou i only leave his nappy off in the house as he still has too many accidents. I'm sure he'll be fine tomorrow.

H x

I never had a 2 year check up , i dont like these check ups to test my child, i dont get along with Health Visitors though :lol:

He sounds fine! There will be nothing to worry about , my friend has a 2 year old that cant talk , do anything really apart from run around in circles lol but she 'passed' there tests ;)

They will have some "toys" with them.
1)ask him to build a tower with blocks
2)ask him colours
3)use a book to ask him questions like what is this animal or this shape
4)ask him to draw a straight line with a crayon/pencil (this is never going to be that good)
5)ask him to roll a ball back and forth to her
6)Ask you questions like how they climb stairs, do they help out with chores in the home (i don't know why!!), how is his eating, does he interact well with other children and share with them etc etc

They also ask you if you have any concerns. It's really basic and he will be scored on how well he does each task.

thanks for your replies.. all that sounds easy enough! Just hope he doesn't play up now when she comes.

Isn't it typical.. health visitor coming tomorrow and jacob has just fallen over on landing and banged his head.. he has a huge lump and beauty of a bruise coming up now! get the frozen peas out quick...

h x

well he had his check up and he's fine! they're coming back out in 3 months to see if he's potty trained fully... (he turned 2yrs - 2 weeks ago) so they're not too bothered yet. He does use the toilet when at home but we're not sure if to go out yet without a nappy! also they need to come and check his speech again in 3 months. He has over 50 words but they're still baby sounding... the fact he knows all his colours is really advanced aparently... so i can relax now!

H x

Don't worry too much about potty training, some kids don't get it until they're 4. Mikey is still fighting me and he's nearly 3.

Isn't it funny how they differ at this age? Charlie's speech is really good and he is putting small sentences together, but he's nowhere near even attempting potty training. I'm not going to even consider it for another 6 months.

I've not heard anything about a 2 year check-up either.....

every child is different it doesnt matter they progress at different ages, my son talked in sentances since 2 and was potty trained 2 months ago hes now 2 years and 4 months but he dont know his colous, hes only just learnt a couple of them.lol!

Kieran had his check a couple of weeks ago, she asked if he knew his colours and can count to five i said no but that said his speech isn't great and she has put him under observation, she checked his weight and height gave him a colouring book and crayons also his bookstart bag, She asked about potty training but said that was just something they were meant to ask and wasn't expecting him to be trained yet
- like you amanda i shall not be attempting this for 6months. x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->