3.5 cm dilated?

vejables

Reaction score
when i had my ultrasound last week, the tech said i was 3.5 cm dilated... what does this mean and is this something to be worried about??? she didnt seem worried, but i sure as heck am!!!!

Did you talk to your doctor about that?. Thats something that should be checked out right away. You shouldn't be dilating so early. :hugs:

oh wow! you should tell your doctor, this is my first baby so I don't know to much but I do know that, this shouldn't be happing so soon... I'm almost as far along as you (24weeks) and I couldn't imagine being dilated right now..... have you had any other issues with your pregnancy?

I really hope everything is ok, please keep up posted. I'm worried for you.

going to see my midwife today for a checkup. i will keep you ladies posted. (now im REALLY worried!!)

oh wow thats no good!!! I have a question. Have you had any bloody discharge?? Hope everythings ok.

I hope the tech made a mistake. Please let us know when you have news!:hugs:

when i had my ultrasound last week, the tech said i was 3.5 cm dilated... what does this mean and is this something to be worried about??? she didnt seem worried, but i sure as heck am!!!!

wow that soon---i didnt even know they checked it this early---well hope everything goes well and baby holds on in there for another few weeks---

3.5cm ---- i think thats either a little more than half way dilated or a litttle less than half way--- i dont know if they count up to 5/5 or down to 1/5 dilated ---

going to see my midwife today for a checkup. i will keep you ladies posted. (now im REALLY worried!!)

well if it helps=== you should be past the critical stage now anyway=---- 25 weeks on is good for baby--course the longer he/she hangs in there the better----but the survival rate is def. reassuring

ignore my first post on here---- so i went and looked it up and

0= no dilation
10= completely dilated and baby is ready to be pushed out

so a 3.5 isnt too bad as long as u sit there for a while ---but 4 cm is considered active labor--- (sorry dont mean to make u worry though)

also read that some people dilate 1-2cm and then dont dilate anymore for about another month while others just continue to dilate and deliver--- hopefully yours just hangs in there for a while ---hope these links help---

https://www.drspock.com/article/0,1510,6234,00.html
https://birthingwithguinever.com/20...s-it-take-the-cervix-to-dilate-5-centimeters/
https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/stages-of-labor/PR00106

sorry i wasnt on before this. just got home from the grocery store.

the tech misspoke. she was telling me the length of my cervix was 3.5 cm. not that it was dilated!!! thank god!!!
no bloody discharge, the doc said everything sounds great! (talk about worrying for nothing!)

:hugs:

Glad everything was fine and it was just a mistake. I bet you feel a lot better!

sorry i wasnt on before this. just got home from the grocery store.

the tech misspoke. she was telling me the length of my cervix was 3.5 cm. not that it was dilated!!! thank god!!!
no bloody discharge, the doc said everything sounds great! (talk about worrying for nothing!)

thats great---much better than being dilated --

yeah great news, but am still a little jittery about the whole thing. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->