3.5 year old wetting the bed again?

mum22ttc#3

Mum of 3
Reaction score
As the title says really. DD2 has been dry for nearly a year, she has had a few accidents but they have been rare (The last one 4-5 months ago). The problem is within the last 2 weeks she has wet the bed 5 times.

Just looking for advice as to what could be causing it and how to handle it really?

I was thinking of speaking to her nursery and seeing if she was her usual self but TBH she seems really happy there, just at a loss as to what it could be.

Any advice would be appreciated. :flower:

When you go to bed, lift her out & get her to do a wee (I use a potty in bedroom for minimal disturbance).

Good morning,
I like Jane 99 idea with the potty handy in the room.
I would also put "night times" pull ups on just in case.
Good luck

This happened to my son at the same age. I still can't understand why it happened, but here's what worked for him to take care of it.
I wanted so badly to avoid nighttime pull-ups. So every night before I went to bed at around midnight I would wake him up and take him pee. We did this for a couple of months, just for him to learn that when he has to pee he has to go to the toilet. And eventually, it clicked it. It was a bit of a pain in the arse to have to take him every night and he was NOT very easy to get up at first but eventually he started getting up on his own to go. In the mornings when his bed was dry we'd make a huge deal over it. I would pat his bed and get very excited. He's 4 now and still loves it when I pat his bed, lol.

Thanks for the replies. I've started to get her back up when I go to bed and for the last few days it seems to have worked, fingers crossed.

I have told her that if she stays dry each week then we will go to the shop once a week and she can choose a drink to buy, doesn't sound much but its something she loves doing while her sister is out at clubs. We haven't been able to do it for a few weeks as she hasn't been able to have drinks after a certain time.

There is no chance of getting pull ups on her, she seriously would have none of it, and if I'm honest I wouldn't really want to go back there as I worry it may just give her an excuse to 'forgot' to get up for the toilet.

Thanks again for the replies. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"