3 and a half year jabs tomorrow... any advice?

T

Toms Mummy

I am so nervous and it's not even me having them! :dohh:

I've been trying to explain to him about them and mentioned this evening that it may hurt! I don't know if I should have done that and just left it as ignorance is bliss!!

Any advice?

I told my son that it might hurt a little bit but that it would stop him getting very poorly. I think I said we'd go and get a magazine afterwards too so he had something to look forward to. Hope Tom is ok tomorrow :)

Thanks Isil.... I've told him we'll go get a brave boy milkshake afterwards! :)

aww, I bet he'll enjoy that :)

My LO got a certificate of bravery and a sticker from the nurse too, he was so proud!

My youngest has only just had her first MMR jab back in Dec even though she is over 3. TBH i didn't say anything to her at all about what was going on. I took her in to the Drs, they gave her 2 injections, she cried a little and then we left. Unfortunately i did have to then leave her for 1 1/2 hours to go to my eldest's school christmas show and i felt really bad about that. But she was fine.

With my eldest, he had a lot more understanding about things when he had his pre-school boosters so i told him the day before that we were going to the drs and why and then i told him just before we went to remind him. I didn't make a really big thing about it as i didn't want him to think there was a need to worry about it.

Thanks all for your replies!... Well he had them! They didn't go very well but atleast they're done now!

They were in his arm, I held him tight and as she did the 1st one he screamed and jolted causing t to come out, so she had to do it again!! :dohh:... held him tighter on that one and the next... he hated every minute and screamed and cried! It was horrible :(

Done now though, and he was perfectly fine straight after!

aww, bless him. At least it's over now! :hugs:

Aw, poor little brave man :( I'm dreading the time coming for Sophie to get hers :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->