3 miscarriages - TTC again -Aspirin & Progesterone cream???

Hi, i think gps will only prescribe it if you are low in it,but sometimes you got to take your health in your own hands,i just bought some online its worth a go,good luck with ur gp x

Hi, i think gps will only prescribe it if you are low in it,but sometimes you got to take your health in your own hands,i just bought some online its worth a go,good luck with ur gp x

Hi, could you post the link to where you bought the progesterone cream please?
As suspected my Gp said that there is no need for progesterone at this stage, if I get pregnant I have to phone the surgery straight away so my blood levels can be checked for HGC and progesterone. He said I will be closely monitored which is good.
In the meantime he does advise taking low dose aspirin and he prescribed that along with 400mg folic acid. I had already bought the aspirin from Boots anyway.

wont let me post link as i am new?! there were quite a few stockists i bought mine from wellsprings (just put it in google) as it seemed one of the cheaper x

omg ur story is the same as me been ttc since july 2009 had 3 mcs since had so many tests done and just got the all clear yesterday to ttc xxx

Any update ladies? i have been using progestorone cream since ov and taking low dose asprin everyday and am in my 2 week wait now!!! xxx

Hi, Im now 9DPO and in the tww. I've been taking low dose aspirin since before ovulation. I never bought the progesterone cream, I decided to wait.
I spoke with my doctor and he said the minute I get another BFP I have to call up and get bloods checked for HGC and progesterone levels, Im hoping if low progesterone is detected then maybe he will prescribe a supplement.
Im going to wait until Monday and if my period hasnt came then I will test then at13DPO. Good luck to everyone else x

Hi Ladies.

I too am in 2ww, I started taking progesterone (cyclogest 400mg pessary) after I ov'd on Saturday, you can get this on prescription, the trick is finding a sympathetic gp, who is happy to prescribe on a can't do any harm basis.

There are trials taking place at the moment (PROMISE) at a number of UK hospitals, the problem with this is that you may get the placebo.

You could try your gp or buy online from a reputable company.

All my tests have come back clear, the only thing I haven't had is NK Cell testing which I am looking into now.

I figure with nothing to lose, it's best just to through everything at my next BFP.

Good luck to everyone xxx
With the aspirin, it has never stopped me from m/c, but has worked for my cousin twice, so I took 75mg daily last time, this time I am going to take 100mg daily along with the progesterone.

think i may take sum of this on board. i think i'll be pickin up sum folic acid and aspirin at the wkend x

I think that aspirin and progesterone are a great idea while ttc after mc but make sure that you never use the synthetic version of progesterone. It's called progestine. It has a very high likely hood of causing spontaneous abortion, so make sure you get the real thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->