3 months late but here's the story!

babz1986

Reaction score
I signed up on here at the beginning of my pregnancy - this is how I discovered I had Hyperemsis, so I am a long time lurker and have only started posting here the last couple of months! it takes me a while to start using forums - even though my OH was always moaning at me to post about my pregnancy and Hyperemsis!

Anyway during my pregnancy and even now I enjoy reading all of your birth stories and always wanted to write mine after I had my little girl - so 3 months down the line I thought I'd share it with you!

Ellie was due on August 13th 2010 - Yes a Friday 13th! now after my horrid pregnancy I wasn't surprised it would be any other date and was convinced that my child would come out red, with a pitch fork, horns and a tail!

I'll just add before I start the actual story that with my Hyperemsis I lost two stone and only gained 8lbs on top of this which was all baby weight and was sick right up until my due date!

Anyway Friday 13th passed - I knew she would be late as she was quite laid back and lazy inside! we tried all the usual old wife methods to get her out and none of it worked. Well on Sunday 15th I woke up and thought something felt different, but wasn't too worried. I also had an urge to make chocolate covered flapjacks - so off I waddled to Tesco's and back and started baking around 2pm - thought I noticed I had back ache - didn't think too much of it, after all I was standing at a counter cooking with a baby inside me lol.

At about 3.30pm my OH's sister came round and we went for a long with the dogs, all the way round I noticed that I was getting regular back pains but didn't mention anything, as I didn't want a fuss or other people to know than my OH.

Once his sister had gone at 5pm ish I mentioned that I've been having back pains and I think it could be the start of something - this is when I decided to start timing them and noticed they were coming every 5 mins and lasting about 45 secs.

At 6 I rang the MAU (wasn't sure who to ring with it been my first) and mentioned the timings and they said I sounded fine and that if I was worried to ring the Maternity unit, but to ring back in an hour.

An hour later, I rang the Maternity Unit as they were every 3 mins and lasting about 60secs - they said that I sounded fine and that to ring them when I literally couldn't breathe but to also ring back in an hour!

By this time I was on all fours swinging my hips from side to side as it was the only way to ease the pain!

Now at 8pm they were every 2 mins and lasting about 60 secs again - I rang the Maternity unit and again told them the new timings - they still said I sounded fine and to ring back in an hour - I told them that I thought I had to ring and come in when they were 5 mins apart and mine were 2 and they insisted I sounded fine and to take a bath and have paracetamol lol.

9pm - I ring them with an update that they were still 2 mins apart and lasting 60 secs and the bath and paracetamol didn't help with the pain - they said that they weren't lasting long enough and I still sounded fine lol but to call in a hour again! I was still on all fours and feeling very tired!!

10pm - my body actually started shaking with pain so I rang them and told them they were still the same and my body was shaking with pain - again I sounded fine so to ring back in a hour! lol

11pm - I rang and told them they are still the same and again they said I sounded fine!

1am - I rang and got the same response so decided to go to bed and try and get some sleep - as they suggested a hot water bottle on my back for the pain as all the contractions were in my back!

In between 9 and 12pm I was also sick 3 times under the instruction by them that I need to drink as much as possible and also eat - I mentioned that I can't eat or drink anything because I keep been sick but they insisted lol - gave up eating or drinking anything after the third time!

1am - before I went to bed I went to the toilet and out popped my show! I was pleased as I thought they'd want me to go in to the hospital lol - rang the hospital and they said I still sounded fine and was coping with the pain well and to wait until it got worse lol :wacko: so off I went to bed to try and get a bit of sleep as the contractions actually slowed down a little!

2am - I was woken up by my waters breaking - I quickly ran to the toilet and sat on the toilet while my OH stood there a little bit clueless lol they were quite bloody (even been my first I knew this wasn't normal)

So I get my phone and again ring the Maternity ward lol - I told them about my waters going, they asked what colour they were, and I said they were bloody - they didn't seem too concerned and I think that they noticed the worry in my voice and said that If I wanted to go into the hospital than I can but I will probably end up been sent home after checks

2.15am - I'm still on the bedroom floor with a towel underneath me rocking on all fours lol, cos the pain has got worse and I can feel her pushing! my OH is trying to convince me to get up and get moving to the hospital but I really couldn't move - he goes off to pack the car and comes back to get me!

2.20am - I feel that I ran down the stairs but according to my OH I walked very slowly to the car

all the way in the car I had my head out the window like a dog shouting she's pushing and she's coming lol

2.30am - we get to the hospital and I feel that I ran to the first midwife I saw - again my OH said I didn't run at all - I remember standing there very comically with my legs open and holding my hands out underneath me like i'm ready to catch her telling the midwife she's coming out!

The midwife gets me to the room where I ask if I can take my trousers off! and she said yes! then followed by me asking for permission to take my knickers off!! I was still standing up telling the MW how much she's was pushing!

They convinced me to get on the bed so they could examine me while at the same time commenting on how small my bump is :wacko:

After the examination the MW looked at my very surprised and said "ok just start pushing whenever you want"

My body is still shaking with pain at this point

So off I start pushing while they listen for the heart beat, and notice that she's in a little bit of distress as they don't know how long i've been dilated for as i've only just got there :wacko: seriously! lol

They then mention that I need to get her our ASAP as she's very distressed and lying in a funny position so they bring in the DR's and I remember them saying "just do as we say, we haven't got time for pain relief or to explain, I'll explain after!" 3 failed Ventouse and 2 forceps attempts later at 3.05am my little girl was literally ripped out of me! lol - the explanation was that they thought she wouldn't come out breathing and had the crash team in the room waiting! she came out very healthy and scored 10 on her APGAR!

Within 5 mins of her been born I was whisked to theatre to be stitched up for 2 hours while Ellie was left with her very new Daddy who had to do the first feed and everything else that they do! lol

I ended up with a third degree tear and had to stay in for a night as I had a catheter, but all in all even though reading my story it seems quite dramatic it really wasn't and the pain for me was no more painful than my period pains I used to have (bearing in mind I used to pass out with them as a teenager)

to also add my body actually didn't stop shaking till 4 hours after the birth- and I couldn't hold Ellie as I was shaking that much!! very weird experience.

Even though I think I was in established labour since about 5pm on the Sunday my labour time on my notes is 36mins!

Sorry for such a long thread and hope if you've managed it this far that you've enjoyed it!

and to add to it all - here's the pics!! oh and she was 7lb 5oz!

Her name Eleanor Rose - but we all call her Ellie!

The first pic is the first photo taken of her on me after I came out of theatre and then the second pic is her now!

Attachments

• baby ellie#.jpg
    baby ellie#.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 8
  • smile 2.jpg
    smile 2.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 6
Thanks for sharing! Your story is beautiful and was definetly worth the wait! Wow, I cant believe you oh gained 8 Lb and your baby basically was 8 lb. At least it won't be difficult for you to lose the baby weight!

Awww she is gorgeous hun. Felt all tearful reading about it. I hope my baby comes out that quick!

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->