3 months maternity leave-YES!!!

luvofamom

Reaction score
I just read my employee handbook and I just read we get 12 weeks. I'm exicted but 6 weeks is just too early, I swear!!:happydance:

i get 24 weeks full pay and 16 weeks 3/4 pay working for the NHS plus ill have around 25 days left from my leave to take before maternity leave starts so ill have around 10 months off

I'm so torn on what I'll do for this. We can actually take up to 6 months at my place of work, but it's all unpaid, and most people I know of don't take much more than 2.5 or 3. I have about 5 weeks of sick leave saved up so I would have that much paid, if I drained out all my sick leave.

I so wish we had better maternity leave in the US! I am grateful though that my employer at least offers up to 6 months that you can keep your job, even if unpaid.

its the norm in the uk to have between 6-12 months its pretty crappy for the US to have such short maternity leave

i can take up to a year but the last 12 weeks would be un paid so ill be going back after 10 months

I get 21 weeks paid then down to statutory. If I do go back I'd go back around 11 months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->