3 months sitting too young?

ayh78

Mummy of 2!
Reaction score
My 3 month old Son has decided that sitting up is his new favourite thing. He'll hold his arms out when lying down for me to lift him to a sitting position. He was even grumpy in bed this morning until I sat him up (I'd already winded him, it wasn't that). He gets a look of 'ooh, look at me being clever' whenever he's sitting and seems to like the new view of things.

Obviously I support him at all times when he's sitting up. He has
good head control. I'm just concerned to know whether his spine is strong enough to support him sitting yet. Should I be waiting til he's older to help him to sit?

I don't know the proper answer for this, but Daisy could sit supporting herself with her hands before 4 months.
Maybe you could get a Bumbo to give him more support?

interesting il be watching this thread as my lo is 11 weeks old and is desperatly trying to lift herself up! and when i sit her up she loves it!(obviously supported) but im concerned about her spine?

interesting il be watching this thread as my lo is 11 weeks old and is desperatly trying to lift herself up! and when i sit her up she loves it!(obviously supported) but im concerned about her spine?

My little girl is exactly the same.

My lo is 3 months and does the same - we bought him a bumbo yesterday and are going to try sitting him in that for a little bit each day.

my LO has been sitting supported since 2 months, and my mum says I was doing it with no help by 3 months, so I reckon it's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->