3 months sitting too young?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by ayh78, Jan 24, 2011.

1. ayh78

ayh78 Mummy of 2!

My 3 month old Son has decided that sitting up is his new favourite thing. He'll hold his arms out when lying down for me to lift him to a sitting position. He was even grumpy in bed this morning until I sat him up (I'd already winded him, it wasn't that). He gets a look of 'ooh, look at me being clever' whenever he's sitting and seems to like the new view of things.

Obviously I support him at all times when he's sitting up. He has
    good head control. I'm just concerned to know whether his spine is strong enough to support him sitting yet. Should I be waiting til he's older to help him to sit?

2. Windmills

Windmills Well-Known Member

I don't know the proper answer for this, but Daisy could sit supporting herself with her hands before 4 months.
    Maybe you could get a Bumbo to give him more support?

3. baba mccarthy

baba mccarthy Well-Known Member

interesting il be watching this thread as my lo is 11 weeks old and is desperatly trying to lift herself up! and when i sit her up she loves it!(obviously supported) but im concerned about her spine?

4. Midsomer

Midsomer First time mum to Amelia

My little girl is exactly the same.

5. Laura_M

Laura_M Well-Known Member

My lo is 3 months and does the same - we bought him a bumbo yesterday and are going to try sitting him in that for a little bit each day.

6. Vinushka

Vinushka Well-Known Member

my LO has been sitting supported since 2 months, and my mum says I was doing it with no help by 3 months, so I reckon it's fine.