3 pounds in a week? what??

runner311

Reaction score
I jumped on the scale yesterday (along with today) and I have gained approximately 3 pounds in a week. I guess I am in total shock. I know I have been trying to get extra fruits and vegetables but I have also been having some cravings but they have not been excessive. In total, at 12 weeks 4 days I have put on about 5 pounds.

I am scared, I dont want to be one of those people who puts on an excessive amount of weight. I had some thyroid issues before getting pregnant which caused me to put on 10 pounds before getting pregnant so my self image has been down since that.

I know the weight gain is for a reason but I still cant help being a little depressed about it. I think I need to do weekly weigh ins, I am so used to weighing daily.

Any words of wisdom ladies?

Try not to worry too much it could just be water retention? xx

Throw away your scales completely. Eat what your body is asking for but try and concentrate on the healthier options first. Continue to exercise but not to excess. Your gonna put on weight during pregnancy and your body will never be the same again. But your growing a whole human being in your tummy!!!

I jumped on the scale yesterday (along with today) and I have gained approximately 3 pounds in a week. I guess I am in total shock. I know I have been trying to get extra fruits and vegetables but I have also been having some cravings but they have not been excessive. In total, at 12 weeks 4 days I have put on about 5 pounds.

I am scared, I dont want to be one of those people who puts on an excessive amount of weight. I had some thyroid issues before getting pregnant which caused me to put on 10 pounds before getting pregnant so my self image has been down since that.

I know the weight gain is for a reason but I still cant help being a little depressed about it. I think I need to do weekly weigh ins, I am so used to weighing daily.

Any words of wisdom ladies?

Its probably water retention. I wouldn't worry too much. OR you ate a salty meal! lol You're preggo, your body is changing and everyone's changes at different rates. Don't get down on yourself. Our bodies do what it needs to at this point.
My weight fluctuates A LOT! (2-3lbs each day up and down.) Just depends on what i ate that day. You have to learn to enjoy and LOVE your body while its building this life within you! Your body knows what its doing. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->