3 week old bf help!

MrsPMP

Mumma to 1 and Pregnant!
Reaction score
I bf last time but I just don't remember this!
My 3 week old guy just feeds and feeds all day...from like 8am-5pm non stop..he hardly sleeps and its been like this for about 2 weeks now. I can't get anything done!! I have to put him down sometimes but he will just cry.
I'm beginning to feel he's never satisfied or something but he's putting on weight well and can sleep 2-3hours at night in one go....help! is this normal?

I feel like that too at the moment. My DS is nearly three weeks old and started feeding pretty much continuously (day and night! :sleep:) last week. I assume it's a growth spurt and will settle down. He's piling on the weight and having normal nappies so I'm trying my best to just go with it as much as possible.

Do you have a sling? I've found popping him in the sling will sometimes settle him without a feed if he's mainly tired and wants to comfort suck rather than actually feed. I've got a stretchy wrap and it's been a life-saver, especially with a toddler to run around after.

Standard 2 week AND 3 week growth spurts. DS2 was the same, didn't take a break between them! It should calm down soon until the 6 weeker! Xx

It's super hard when you have another LO to deal with and can't sit on the sofa all day x

Yes!!! My LO was like this just up until maybe last week. She's 5 weeks as of 2 days ago. She's starting to go a bit longer in between and will just cluster feed at night for a few hours then off to sleep. I was feeding her every hour once I put her down from the feed she was ready to eat again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->