3 week old's skin darker than both mother and father's skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DH is very olive skinned, tall dark and handsome lol. All 3 of my girls are so so fair it's crazy. Porcelain skin. They are very light, no one took after him. I'm fair and all 3 took after me! It really depends ...

I remember wondering this with my daughter as well. It was very noticeable in pictures that she was darker than any of us. As in your case there is no question of paternity; she is definitely my husband's! At 9 months, she is still darker than the rest of us, but not quite as olive toned as she was when she was born. It must be a relative on OH's side that she takes after.

My baby is 3 weeks old and he has (lovely) olive skin. Both me and my DP and very very pale. Our baby is darker than both of us.

DS was a little jaundinced just after birth but his skin now looks more brown/red than yellow.

There is no paternal questions, my DP is DS's dad, he also was conceived the month before we were due to start IVF, if he had been conceived through IVF I would be thinking they mixed up the embryos with a tall dark handsome couple.

Is it normal for a small baby to have flushed/dark skin? Could it be an indication of a problem?

We are seeing the HV tomorrow she is pretty useless though.

I know this is an old post but I am having same issue, did he ever lighten up ?

The original poster hasn't been on here for over a year. Locking this thread to save confusion, but feel free to start your own thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"