3 year old and playdates

weebubbles

Mummy
Reaction score
My son almost 4 has been asking for a while for one of his friends from nursery to come to our house so last week I wrote a note to his parents and gave it to his nursery teacher as I dont know the parents. I mentioned that we could meet in a mutual place and parents welcome.I have not heard anything back yet but would you go on a playdate with a mum you hadnt met. and if not would you ignore the note or reply saying no?

I would, I think it's a great idea..nice for the kids to enjoy time together and nice for the muns to have a chat. Even if you don't know them you have children of same age in common so shouldn't be short of conversation x

I am v shy, so not sure I would, But I would reply at least. I thinks its a sweet idea :) xxx

thank you. took a lot to write the note as I am not exactly a confident person but made myself for my sons sake. fingers crossed she will reply soon

Aw hun, I hope they at least let you know. Maybe they have been away on hol or something, to delay the reply. Fingers crossed you hear soon.

xxx

I don't make friends easily at all and im scared LO will pick up on that and end up the same so if he had a chance at a play date I would swallow my reservations and go for it.
Personally though if I was the one asking I probably would have waited around at the end of nursery and introduced myself to the parent using the kids as a ice breaker and see if they where someone that I could get along with and try approaching the subject that way as I would find a note from the teacher a little blind date sort of :)

I don't make friends easily at all and im scared LO will pick up on that and end up the same so if he had a chance at a play date I would swallow my reservations and go for it.
Personally though if I was the one asking I probably would have waited around at the end of nursery and introduced myself to the parent using the kids as a ice breaker and see if they where someone that I could get along with and try approaching the subject that way as I would find a note from the teacher a little blind date sort of :)

the kids go in all day so can be dropped off anytime between 8 and 9 and picked up anytime in the afternoon. dont want to hang about the nursery!

the kids go in all day so can be dropped off anytime between 8 and 9 and picked up anytime in the afternoon. dont want to hang about the nursery!

I definitely would. I would be really happy if another mum invited me to a playdate, I have them sometimes with the girls I was at NCT classes with when I was pregnant with Arianna. I have made friends a little bit with a couple of the mums at Arianna's nursery, the nursery sometimes have BBQs etc and it gives the parents a chance to chat.

I think that's a lovely idea and I really hope she replies (she may be shy as well) if someone took the time to write me a note I would at least reply even if I didn't want to go :flow: play dates are not all they are cracked up to be, Charlie had 2 friends over tonight and I couldn't wait for home time :haha:

It's a lovely idea! My sons best friends mum has recently got my number off me and wants to have Logan over for tea one day. He's 4 next month. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->