3 Year old boy- Questions???

Ragirl

Mom of 2
Reaction score
My son will be 3 in July. I am due for #2 in August. I have two questions:

1) How old was your son when he was potty trained (I say son because I know there are supposed to be differences between boys and girls)? Mine has NOOOOO interest whatsoever. He'll go if we put him on the potty and he has no problems with that. But if we put him in undies, he will almost never tell us when he has to go- he'll just wet himself.

2) Considering I'm 2 months from giving birth again, do you think I should work on the potty training issue, or just wait until things calm down after baby? I've heard alot of potty trained kids regress when baby shows up, so I'm just not sure it's worth fighting the battle now.

3) For anyone with more than 1: Did your other child/children become more clingy when you were pg? I don't think my son really understands about baby coming, but he has become increasingly clingy/needy/whiney over the past few weeks and I'm wondering, with my belly getting bigger, if he senses there is a change in the air, so to speak.

Thanks for all your help!!

hey, i know hoe frustrating potty training is! i have a 3 year old girl who is having none of it!!

people keep saying to me.. oh and girls are usually so easy to train!!!! lies!!!

i also have a 2 year old son who i will be starting trainng soon! funtimes lol! thank god for laminate!

Oh good...glad to know I'm not the only one with a 3 year old that's not potty trained. My son is one of the last in his class, and his teachers have been reassuring that he will do it when he's ready. It's just frustrating. And I do agree- thank God for laminate:)

My 3 year old little boy has just been potty trained in the last few weeks, he has done really well, had no accidents, takes himself to the toilet when he needs to go, it has been brilliant. I didn't want to train him while i was pregnant with Alex & i'm so glad i didn't force the issue, as it has been easy this way. It was the same for my daughter, she was also 3 when she was totally toilet trained too!!

My 3 year old little boy has just been potty trained in the last few weeks, he has done really well, had no accidents, takes himself to the toilet when he needs to go, it has been brilliant. I didn't want to train him while i was pregnant with Alex & i'm so glad i didn't force the issue, as it has been easy this way. It was the same for my daughter, she was also 3 when she was totally toilet trained too!!

So how long did you wait after Alex was born to train your 3 year old?

My daughter was potty trained earlier but I did it on her time. She started peeing on the toilet at 2, but would want a diaper to poo. This lasted until she was 3.

My son, did it all himself when he was a month over 4 years old.

Quite honestly, I waited until they were ready. I talked to them every day about it and eventually they just did it. As a result, I've never had bedwetting issues.

So how long did you wait after Alex was born to train your 3 year old?

It was roughly 2 months, i can't really remember as Oliver just did it by himself & just stopped wearing nappies & put his pants on instead. I hadn't planned to do it at that point, it just happened, he thinks nappies are just for Alex, so it worked out really well!

I also have a three year old son who is not potty trained. He has NO interest in it. I can't even get him to wear underpants or sit on a potty chair. We've tried standing to pee, all of it. My other two boys who are 19 and 16 now were both close to 4 when they were trained but they actually showed an interest.
I wish I knew how to get him excited about it!

Ewan will pee on a potty but other than that shows no interest and if in pants will pee there and then.. soooo annoying!! especially when i have mum in my ear saying he should be trained by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->