30 weeks help!

Jcliff

Reaction score
So I'm about 30 weeks pregnant w my third baby. My Dr is about an hour away. I've never been in labor by myself. So I don't know what to expect. Anyway I've been having a lot of pressure pain in my pelvis area when I walk. Also slight pain in my back and inner thighs. I'm not sure if I should call my Dr or if this is normal? My belly also tight on and off. What shall I do? It's an hour drive to my Dr.

I have never experienced labor so I can't comment there, but if you are worried you should call your doctor. Explain what you are feeling and ask if you should come in.

So I'm about 30 weeks pregnant w my third baby. My Dr is about an hour away. I've never been in labor by myself. So I don't know what to expect. Anyway I've been having a lot of pressure pain in my pelvis area when I walk. Also slight pain in my back and inner thighs. I'm not sure if I should call my Dr or if this is normal? My belly also tight on and off. What shall I do? It's an hour drive to my Dr.

It may just be aches and pains , but I'd definitely get checked out asap as you don't want a surprise early delivery at home . :hugs:

I agree call and ask and see what they say. When I went into labour it was very obviously labour but I was full term so it may be completely different at 30 weeks. You won't regret calling/going in if everything turns out to be nothing or just BH, but you might regret not calling/going in if you get into a sticky situation at home! Hope everything turns out ok. It's most likely not labour but always best to be sure.

Could be Braxton Hicks but like the other ladies I would call. Hope all is well!

I agree. Best to checked out just in case. It's probably braxton Hicks but I'd see the doctor, even if it's just to put your mind at rest. Hope your okay! x

Personally I'd just try and take a rest or a bath and take it easy for the rest of the day. Get hydrated too, and see what happens. I know for me, when I'm having actual contractions they really really HURT, so I would know if something was actually happening vs braxton hicks. If it didn't let up over the next few days I'd call. That's what I'd do personally. When I was having lots of BH I was advised to hydrate and rest.

OP, I'm in the same situation as you but I don't know if it's just the after effects of gastro or early labour. I forgot to mention it to my midwife today when I saw her but I'm also keeping a close eye on things. I think because I go into labour on my own and have never needed to be induced and the hospital is only a 15 minute trip for me. If you are concerned, try timing and tracking and if you think you are seeing a pattern, ring the doctor as others have said and take his advice from that point.

Personally I'd just try and take a rest or a bath and take it easy for the rest of the day. Get hydrated too, and see what happens. I know for me, when I'm having actual contractions they really really HURT, so I would know if something was actually happening vs braxton hicks. If it didn't let up over the next few days I'd call. That's what I'd do personally. When I was having lots of BH I was advised to hydrate and rest.

With caution though. If this is pre-term labour, taking a bath or shower will kick labour into gear. I'd personally not and rather see if there is any regularity to the pains over an hour or so first.

Dr wanted me to come in some I did. Found out baby's head is down in my pelvis and engaged already, causing my pain. I'm not dialed thank god but baby really really low for 30 weeks. I'm on bed rest now. Dr told me to pack my hospital bag early this time around because he thinks baby coming sooner then planned. Ugh. Oh and dr estimate baby around 4lbs already. I'm praying he stays cooking for another 6-7 weeks at least. I'm not ready yet!!

Dr wanted me to come in some I did. Found out baby's head is down in my pelvis and engaged already, causing my pain. I'm not dialed thank god but baby really really low for 30 weeks. I'm on bed rest now. Dr told me to pack my hospital bag early this time around because he thinks baby coming sooner then planned. Ugh. Oh and dr estimate baby around 4lbs already. I'm praying he stays cooking for another 6-7 weeks at least. I'm not ready yet!!

Hope your okay jcliff and hope baby stays put for the next few weeks! :hugs:

Glad you went in . It's always good to listen to your body . Take it easy these next few weeks , are they going to see you again soon ? Baby's a good size , which helps if they're preemie ! (My DD1 was born at 32 weeks weighing 5lb4, she was off breathing support by day 3, NGT removed at 7 days & fully breastfed, , she was home on day 13) . Rest up mama :hugs::hugs:

I'm going through the same things you're mentioning and I'm a little scared! I'm 30 weeks and 2/3 days, myself. I've had contraction type pains the past 2 days/nights; period like cramps every 20 minutes, but mostly pertaining to "over doing it". I have been in bed most of the late afternoon into evening and they eased up after 2-3 hours of rest. I'm thinking I need to call soon. I felt up in there earlier due to the contraction feelings (best guess) with clean hands and it feels very soft and potentially open a bit. I didn't want to prod around, so that's best I can say. I'm wigged out by the feeling like his head is right there and low as well. His hiccups were normally around my belly button and today they were like where my uterus was post-pregnancy. It really hurt to walk around today and my pelvis feels like it's going to crack.

Your post/responses are making me take it a little more seriously. I just don't want to call on thanksgiving tomorrow O_O Hoping with taking it easy, I can feel okay for a while without any worrisome feelings. He definitely feels like he's dropped. Way too soon.

I haven’t personally experienced this, but thought I’d mention (hopefully as encouragement), that my friends daughter was head down and engaged very early on (if I remember correctly, it was from 30-31 weeks). She was getting a lot of the same types of discomfort and pain that you’ve described - and her doctor had also predicted that she might be an early arrival. I know her Bub stayed pretty much engaged from that point onwards, and she just had her at 39 weeks and 1 day. So hopefully you’ll also be fine and baby will stay in there a good few more weeks!

I haven’t personally experienced this, but thought I’d mention (hopefully as encouragement), that my friends daughter was head down and engaged very early on (if I remember correctly, it was from 30-31 weeks). She was getting a lot of the same types of discomfort and pain that you’ve described - and her doctor had also predicted that she might be an early arrival. I know her Bub stayed pretty much engaged from that point onwards, and she just had her at 39 weeks and 1 day. So hopefully you’ll also be fine and baby will stay in there a good few more weeks!

For sure, this is really similar to my last pregnancy. I felt so much pressure really early on and she just got her head right down there for weeks!! I was overdue with my first so it never even crossed my mind it might mean early labour! We made it to 38 weeks no problem!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->