30 weeks lots of pressure

Becca_89

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first baby and my knowledge isn't great on pregnancy, learning new things everyday.

So tmi warning-

I am 30 weeks pregnant and measuring 3/4 weeks ahead through scans and measurements.
Dad is big at 6foot5 and im only 5foot4, so i think that explains things there.

I have been feeling a lot of pressure down there for a while, but the last few days my bump seems to of dropped and it now feels very swollen down below and a little bit sore. I have also had the plessure of waking up to a hemmoroid this morning.
The baby is doing great, still moving around a lot and had a few BH.

Is this normal at 30 weeks? Should i be worried about anything?

Thanks in advance xx

Hello, sounds like baby may have dropped down into your pelvis which is why youre feeling the pressure. Quite normal, just mean using the bathroom more, and no.2s may be a bit harder, or as you've discovered, piles!

I agree that baby must have started to drop. My hubby is 6'7" and I'm 5'6 so not too far off of you :)

I've had raging pressure since 29 weeks but measuring either a week ahead or spot on. Then recently I started to get BH at 30 wks. I'm 32 wks now and they were much worse than the first 2 times. It literally feels like I'm in a medieval machine and my pelvic bones are being pulled apart :cry:

I was told as long as baby is still active like usual then there is nothing wrong. I hope we burgh find relief soon! :hugs:

I am a FTM so I don't really know what is normal and what is not but I am 34 weeks and I feel the pressure a lot. Sometimes I feel like he is just going to fall out. I don't know if he has dropped or not but I did notice it got a lot worse about 3 weeks ago. I have tons of pain in my pelvic area though and that I have had since May I think. It got better for awhile but now has been worse. So maybe he dropped. I do carry low and people can tell I carry low I guess. I mentioned the pressure to my OB and they didn't seem concerned. As long as I wasn't having other symptoms like bleeding, contractions, leaking fluid then it wasn't anything to worry about. I have had several ultrasounds and NSTs since also. I am also measuring ahead by a few weeks.

Thanks ladies, thats given me a lot of reassurance. Its hard to know whats expected and what isn't, and all i seem to get is omg your huge, you will never last full term. So that must just play on my mind.

MnG i thought
6'5 was tall but 6'7 must be very tall. Have you previous children been taller than usual because of dads height? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->