31+2. Water broke!

CarolinDallas

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I got up yesterday morning and went to the restroom (beware: incoming TMI.) I saw clear watery liquid and red dots on the toilet paper. I went to the kitchen to tell DH I was thinking of calling the doctor's office when "whoosh!" warm pinkish water started coming down my legs. I was able to sit in the toilet and called my doctor. He sent me to triage and ended up in l&d.

Amniotic fluid is low but within normal range, no infections, and the baby's heart rate is good. He's been happily kicking for the past 2 days actually. Drs decided to give me magnesium to control my contractions and buy some time for the steroids to do their job of developing the baby's lungs. It's been working until now so hopefully he'll stay inside for a few more days. I'll be induced at 34 weeks if I get that far.

I must say, it has been scary and exhausting, but taking one day at a time. Please keep us in your thoughts. Has anyone give through a similar experience?

I wish you the best of luck. Are they keeping you in the hospital until they induce you to keep monitoring for infections?

Haven't been through it but must be scary!! Thinking of you!!! Keep us posted.

Gosh hope you and baby will be okay!! Prayers for a healthy and safe baby!

Praying you and your little man will be alright

I wish you the best of luck. Are they keeping you in the hospital until they induce you to keep monitoring for infections?
Yes. One of the doctors told me "you won't go home without a baby."

Thank you for prayers and thoughts!

Good luck hun I will keep my fingers crossed for you and your baby. Keep us posted on how things are goingx

Must be so scary but the odds are with you on this one so fingers crossed for you.

If you have a look on the NICU forum, there's loads of support there and you'll find that woman who have had there baby's even earlier than 31 weeks have made it with a perfectly healthy baby.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/premature-nicu-babies/

Good luck lovely. Thinking of you and your little one xx

I'm back! I spent 48 hours trying to hold my little man inside to give the steroids time to develop his lungs. Barely after that they stopped magnesium and let my body "do its own thing." I was moved to ante natal for like an hour before my contractions came back, stronger and closer. At 7 cm dilated I was sent back to labor and delivery because things were inevitable. Short story long, I ended up with pitocin and an epi. 10 cms dilated and 15 min after that I naturally delivered my boy. Not bad for a FTM! :happydance:

I had a great doctor, nurse, and my hubby coaching me. The NICU team arrived immediately after delivery to take care of my baby. It was impressive watching them work together like a clock. My son was 31+2 weeks, 19 in (almost 50 cm,) and 2 oz short of 5 lb (2.25 kg or so.) Big kid for such an early preemie!

He has needed some oxygen and glucose, and he had jaundice but still minor things considering how small he is. We keep praying daily for him and hoping for the best.

Congratulations on your little boy. Glad everything went well considering and wish you both a speedy recovery.

He's a really good weight for how early he is what a strong little man.

Congratulations on the birth of your little boy! I will also pray for your little man and keep him in my thoughts, he is a good weight and it sounds like he has an excellent team looking after him. Thank you for letting us know what happened and congrats again!x

Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy and well done you :thumbup:

Keeping him in my thoughts but at 5lb almost so early he sounds like a strong little man :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->