31+2. Water broke!

Congratulations! Sounds like he is doing great!

Congratulations hun glad you and baby are doing great :) xx

Oh wow!! Congratulations hun! What a great size for 31weeks. Hope he is home with you soon xxx

I'm back! I spent 48 hours trying to hold my little man inside to give the steroids time to develop his lungs. Barely after that they stopped magnesium and let my body "do its own thing." I was moved to ante natal for like an hour before my contractions came back, stronger and closer. At 7 cm dilated I was sent back to labor and delivery because things were inevitable. Short story long, I ended up with pitocin and an epi. 10 cms dilated and 15 min after that I naturally delivered my boy. Not bad for a FTM! :happydance:

I had a great doctor, nurse, and my hubby coaching me. The NICU team arrived immediately after delivery to take care of my baby. It was impressive watching them work together like a clock. My son was 31+2 weeks, 19 in (almost 50 cm,) and 2 oz short of 5 lb (2.25 kg or so.) Big kid for such an early preemie!

He has needed some oxygen and glucose, and he had jaundice but still minor things considering how small he is. We keep praying daily for him and hoping for the best.

Congrats hope everything is going well it's amazing how strong these babies are after 30 weeks

Congratulations on your little boy! I hope he is out of the NICU soon and at home with you. My friend had twin girls at 28 weeks due to water breaking and they did the same thing as you. Her girls were only in the 2lb range and spent 5-6 weeks in NICU before they came home. They are now 6 years old and thriving!

Congrats on your little boy! Sounds like a great weight for his gestation- I hope he is out of the NICU soon!

Congratulations, Hope all goes well and he soon home with you :)

Congratulations hun. I wish you both a quick recovery. 5lb is very impressive for 31 weeks, I wonder how much he would have weighed at term?! My Mum weighed less than 5lb at full term!! (Albeit back in the 60's when my Nan's severe HG wasn't recognised and treated the way it would be today).

Thank you ladies! My boy needs support but he's stable. Normal considering he'd be 32w today.He got jaundice so phototherapy now on top of everything.
I'm running an awful fever due to mastitis. Finally this morning after much trying I got some milk to give him but I'll have to discard it due to the antibiotics grrr! How frustrating!
Congratulations hun. I wish you both a quick recovery. 5lb is very impressive for 31 weeks, I wonder how much he would have weighed at term?! My Mum weighed less than 5lb at full term!! (Albeit back in the 60's when my Nan's severe HG wasn't recognised and treated the way it would be today).

Well, my family tends to have preemies. Siblings and cousins have been born between 32 -36 weeks and very small. On the other hand, hubby's side has 10 lb-ers. It could be anything in between. I was kind of expecting a big baby due to gestational diabetes but 5lb at 31w was a surprise LOL. I had had a growth scan a few days earlier and they told me 3lb.

Great news that he is doing well :hugs:

Sorry about the mastitus ouch :hugs: very very annoying about the having to discard your milk :(

Congrats mummy! So glad to hear lo is doing well. I hope the mastitis clears soon too xx

https://i59.tinypic.com/ftlzx1.jpg

My boy <3

I'm very happy. They gave me antibiotics I can take while breastfeeding. Just in time because my milk is finally coming :hugs:

Oh my sweetness! I am 31+4, so just a few days behind you. So hard to fathom my lil man being here. I keep having feelings as if he will be here soon. It is so weird. I never had those feelings with my 2 daughters at all. I have been losing bits of my mucus plug tho & never did with my girls... So maybe that is why. Gorgeous little boy you have!

Oh my sweetness! I am 31+4, so just a few days behind you. So hard to fathom my lil man being here. I keep having feelings as if he will be here soon. It is so weird. I never had those feelings with my 2 daughters at all. I have been losing bits of my mucus plug tho & never did with my girls... So maybe that is why. Gorgeous little boy you have!

I told my husband the day before everything happened that I felt my son would arrive soon. I lost my plug during the 3 previous days, the baby was already had down and I could feel his head low, I had contractions (and I thought they were Braxton-Hicks,) etc. My body gave me "signals" but I didn't recognize them, especially after seeing my doctor two days before delivery and be assured that "everything was OK." Maybe you need to prepare your hospital bags just in case. The "good" part is that babies after 30 weeks have a good prognosis and you're past that. Hopefully you'll be able to keep your LO inside until due date!

Congratulations! Glad to hear he I'd doing well. I am 32 weeks tomorrow and just take for granted that I have a few more weeks to prepare! Hope you get him home soon!

I told my husband the day before everything happened that I felt my son would arrive soon. I lost my plug during the 3 previous days, the baby was already had down and I could feel his head low, I had contractions (and I thought they were Braxton-Hicks,) etc. My body gave me "signals" but I didn't recognize them, especially after seeing my doctor two days before delivery and be assured that "everything was OK." Maybe you need to prepare your hospital bags just in case. The "good" part is that babies after 30 weeks have a good prognosis and you're past that. Hopefully you'll be able to keep your LO inside until due date!

Thanks! We are shooting for September at the very least. I will be able to breathe a little easier then. I'm very far behind getting everything ready, but am fortunate reading your post last night. It has def given me a little push to get a little more motivated. Keep us updated!

Hey ladies! I'm exhausted from all the driving to the hospital and back but I'm glad they let me see my boy 24/7. He's doing better. No more oxygen or phototherapy. He is still in NICU but no more incubator. However, I feel he's been rushed. He's not tolerating all the food well (they doubled it a couple of days ago) and he has trouble breathing on his own. Two days ago he stopped breathing and was all blue when I was holding him. He always chokes when he's being fed and spits milk back. Everyone keeps telling me "it's normal" but it freaks me out anyway.

Hubby will go back to work tomorrow after a week at home. He'll take 2 more weeks when our baby gets home. We don't have family in the country so it's all me now and I'm exhausted from pumping every 2-3 hours. I know single parents have it much worse or those with obnoxious relatives (LOL) but we could use a hand. Hubby is always busy because he's finishing grad school. He barely sees our son an hour per day every other day and he falls asleep on the recliner while holding the baby. I'd love to have my boy home but at the same time I'm terrified because I feel I dont know enough. Ugh! Well, this period is supposed to be convoluted, right? :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->