• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

31 weeks - engorged, leaky boobs!! Help!

LeahLou

Emilia+Brantley+Kyle
Reaction score
Hey ladies!
I'm not sure what to do!! My boobs are already engorged and super painful. I'm leaking everywhere and it feels like I got breast implants, they're so hard.
I don't think I'm supposed to "express" or squeeze it out, but I had to this morning, they hurt so badly. I got 2 whole ounces out. A warm shower didn't help, cold washcloth hurt... What do I do?!?

Also posted in breastfeeding!

Not really much help but my boobs are over achievers too. Not had milk this early yet but it's really difficult to manage when it does come through. It's also super annoying because everyone you speak to, including doctors will just say how lucky you are to have so much milk but in reality it's miserable and you leak everywhere. If I were you I'd express just enough to stop them getting totally engorged ( no more than 1 oz at a time). Also, sounds weird but filling a bath with warm water and then sitting in it on all 4s hanging your boobs in the water ( weird I know) can help alleviate. Whatever you do though, don't express loads. It's so tempting when it comes out so easily, but it just makes it worse. Oh and also get cold cabbage leaves from the fridge and put them in your bra. Again really odd but for some reason it helps, and the cold is really nice... Good luck!
Oh also might help, you can get these nipple shells from avent which collects your leaks and sort of allows enough to escape to reduce engorgement. They are massive so look really stupid in your bra, but good for around the house. Also can save a t-shirt or 2.

I have been getting engorged since 17 weeks and have to breastfeed my toddler more again now to get rid of excess milk. Once drained it does not come back fast luckily but I nurse him about 3 times a day now.

You could breastfeed without a problem so I doubt pumping would cause a problem but you could always call La Leche League and ask them what they think!

Mine are just burning hot!! They are really uncomfortable though. Warm baths help, putting a flannel over them should soothe x

Mumberry has maternity shirts with extra thick breast padding especially for leaky breasts! All of their clothing also has a belly-support band built in to them to lift the preggo belly weight pressure off of the back and hips! You can get them on Mumberry's website or on Amazon! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->