31 weeks - we have a head down baby!

knk2011

Reuben's Mummy :)
Reaction score

I was wondering why my SPD had been kicking up these last two days :flower:

Last night my bump felt really heavy like it had dropped and the bottom of my bump felt quite hard, so I thought maybe he was getting into position and now we know that mummy's guess was right! :)

We have a head down baby with a very strong and loud heartbeat.

It felt very scary for the doctor to be telling me "in 11 weeks you will have definitely have had your baby, but most likely less" :)

I am due in 9 weeks! So 11 weeks maximum and he shall be here!

I had my 34 week check yesterday and baby kept moving away from the Doppler - it's turned into. Right little fidget.

Head down is good but bum/feet in the ribs isn't!!

I can't get my head around that in 8 weeks time we will definitely have had baby either!!!

My baby has been head down and engaged since 25 weeks. But my dr said Ill prob go over my due date this being my first. Womp

I had my 34 week check yesterday and baby kept moving away from the Doppler - it's turned into. Right little fidget.

Head down is good but bum/feet in the ribs isn't!!

I can't get my head around that in 8 weeks time we will definitely have had baby either!!!

I haven't felt his bum or feet in my ribs, I reckon he's gonna be nice and small. Mind you, saying that, he's got another 9 weeks to start finding his way under my ribs!

the next week or so he will be in your ribs! :)

Oliver engaged at 27 weeks and I went 13 days over :rofl:

Mine has been head down from 28 week appointment and was still there on Tuesday at my 31 week. She did say there was still room for it to turn round and that they don't really start looking at position until 36 week appointment. Also not got any kicking or movement under my ribs!!! I have quite a long torso so hoping things won't get to cramped!!!! Also fundal height was 30cm which I think is on the small side!

Mine is breach. Apparently she is comfy like that.

Mine was head down at last appointment. They hadnt checked before so now idea when it happened. Lots of kicks in the ribs now. Some can be really strong and uncomfortable!

All this talk about the amount of weeks left etc is getting me nervous, 8 days to go eek x

wish mine was head down :( she has been transverse and breech for whole pregnancy, back up in 12 days to check progress and really am hoping she has turned by then, I've even tried the moxa sticks they gave me as bizarre as they sound to me lol,,, glad all is going well for you

If the baby doesn't turn by 36 weeks does it mean it's c section for me??

If the baby doesn't turn by 36 weeks does it mean it's c section for me??

not necessarily!! the will check u again at 37 weeks, if baby is still breech they will give you a date for a section,, they check you again right before the date booked and if baby has turned then they can send you home to wait it out naturally
Really hoping mine turns
Good Luck

I heard they can sometimes try to turn baby as well, which can hurt.

I've also read that being on all fours can encourage baby to turn around.

My midwife told me they wont try to turn my baby if she is breech as I am rhesus negative and it could cause our blood to mix, which they obviously dont want.

I have no idea what position my LO is in and to be honest I feel like she changes position fairly regularly, does that sound normal for 27 weeks?

It does sound normal for 27 weeks I think there is still quite a lot of room in there. Mine is still changing positions, one min it's bum is on one side and then the other. Yesterday I went to the the hospital as iI had not felt any movement for about 12 hours. The minuet I was put on the monitor I swear it started doing full on somersaults, the midwife had to turn the volume down on the machine because the movement was making so much noise!!! I was so embarrassed to have wasted their time, but she did say that it could still turn round now even though it is head down at the moment.

Completely normal.
At 27 weeks I think I was in a lot of discomfort one night cos he was moving about so much. My doctor told me baby still has room to turn around now, but it's not likely that he will.

I tried to roll over from my left to my right last night as my hips were burning. As i did i felt like she rolled with me just a few seconds later. I have felt baby roll before but this was a very peculiar feeling. I also got a really high kick one afternoon but then by night time all her kicks and pokes were low. I dunno what she is doing in there or where she is at aby given time.

My midwife told me they wont try to turn my baby if she is breech as I am rhesus negative and it could cause our blood to mix, which they obviously dont want.

I have no idea what position my LO is in and to be honest I feel like she changes position fairly regularly, does that sound normal for 27 weeks?

I am also rhesus negative so if they offer to turn her manually I am refusing because the placenta can get detached and cause an internal bleed, baby's heart rate could drop and it could cause complications because of me being rhesus negative. But can I refuse the treatment and will the nhs still offer me a c section? Am 31 weeks and she is still head up.

How can they tell? I'm pretty sure my Charlie is head down but my doctors keep saying they could be wrong because the head and the butt feel really similar. No scans or anything. What if they keep saying it's too hard to tell the difference all the way until delivery? Isn't that important? Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->