31 weeks - we have a head down baby!

My midwife told me they wont try to turn my baby if she is breech as I am rhesus negative and it could cause our blood to mix, which they obviously dont want.

I have no idea what position my LO is in and to be honest I feel like she changes position fairly regularly, does that sound normal for 27 weeks?

I am also rhesus negative so if they offer to turn her manually I am refusing because the placenta can get detached and cause an internal bleed, baby's heart rate could drop and it could cause complications because of me being rhesus negative. But can I refuse the treatment and will the nhs still offer me a c section? Am 31 weeks and she is still head up.

yes as far as i am aware they have to offer you a c section even if you refuse the turning procedure (dunno what they actually call it). i would refuse it too as i havent heard how often it actually works and to me the risks outway the possibility of it working anyway.

How can they tell? I'm pretty sure my Charlie is head down but my doctors keep saying they could be wrong because the head and the butt feel really similar. No scans or anything. What if they keep saying it's too hard to tell the difference all the way until delivery? Isn't that important? Lol

When they were checking the hearbeat with Doppler the midwife could definitely tell where the head and were the bum was. I can also feel kicks really low down and none near my ribs.

My midwife told me they wont try to turn my baby if she is breech as I am rhesus negative and it could cause our blood to mix, which they obviously dont want.

I have no idea what position my LO is in and to be honest I feel like she changes position fairly regularly, does that sound normal for 27 weeks?

I am also rhesus negative so if they offer to turn her manually I am refusing because the placenta can get detached and cause an internal bleed, baby's heart rate could drop and it could cause complications because of me being rhesus negative. But can I refuse the treatment and will the nhs still offer me a c section? Am 31 weeks and she is still head up.

yes as far as i am aware they have to offer you a c section even if you refuse the turning procedure (dunno what they actually call it). i would refuse it too as i havent heard how often it actually works and to me the risks outway the possibility of it working anyway.

Ok, well that's good. No way am I risking blood mixing (there are no antibodies at the moment) and having somebody shoving my baby around. Everything I read said works 58% of time but baby can turn back legs down and less chance working if first baby and you have to have it at a hospital where they can do emergency c section because of the dangers. Apparently at this stage 15-20% of babies are breech, so there is a small chance they will turn around (by the end it's 6%) but mine has never been head down. She was breech at 20 weeks and is breech at 31. I have a growth scan on Wednesday and will see what way she is then and also will ask to speak to a midwife/ consultant about a possible c section.

My baby has been head down since 21 weeks and hasnt moved since lol! And at every scan and mw appt baby is lying on its side with the spine on the left and feet on the right! It never ever seems to change position, just tends to move loads where it is :)

I feel like mine is head down as well because the strong kicks are near my ribs and the hiccups are down really low! For breech and transverse babies a good site is spinningbabies.com -they give some great exercises to help turn stubborn LOs!

Me, too! (31-32 wks, head down) wouldn't have known if my OB hadn't sent me to L&D for a non-stress test and an ultrasound to check fluids.

And now that I know that, the little bugger keeps punching me in the hip bones/pelvic area. It hurts like bloody hell.

Me, too! (31-32 wks, head down) wouldn't have known if my OB hadn't sent me to L&D for a non-stress test and an ultrasound to check fluids.

And now that I know that, the little bugger keeps punching me in the hip bones/pelvic area. It hurts like bloody hell.

My boy punched me in what felt like the ovaries while I was stood in Asda yesterday. Made my eyes water, bloody hurt lol.

jeez i am really awful at this i cant even tell the difference between a kick and a punch. They all feel like little or big thumps, hence why we have now named her thumper! i guess i will find out on wednesday what position she is in.

How can they tell? I'm pretty sure my Charlie is head down but my doctors keep saying they could be wrong because the head and the butt feel really similar. No scans or anything. What if they keep saying it's too hard to tell the difference all the way until delivery? Isn't that important? Lol

My doctor said that it definitely felt like my baby's head. I also felt him wriggle a lot the two days previous to my appointment and my SPD got much sorer. Then the day before my 31 week appointment, my belly looked like it had dropped a little, then doctor told me he was head down. So putting it all together, I'm pretty confident he is head down. Hurts when I bend now cos it feels like I'm squashing his head and it hurts.

jeez i am really awful at this i cant even tell the difference between a kick and a punch. They all feel like little or big thumps, hence why we have now named her thumper! i guess i will find out on wednesday what position she is in.

I can generally assume what limbs are poking me if he's head down.
Seems to like sticking his feet out of my right side, and rolls his bum sometimes from left to right, which hurts lol. If it wasn't for being told he's head down, I wouldn't have a clue either.

I had my 28 week app today and posted a thread as i had a bit of a scare with a possible ectopic heartbeat and trip to triage. however all is fine from our trace and midwife had a good poke around and agreed that baby is in an oblique position which i believe is diagonal with her bum and legs to the right. makes sense as my belly moves to the right most often.

My boy punched me in what felt like the ovaries while I was stood in Asda yesterday. Made my eyes water, bloody hurt lol.

It's how he wakes me up each morning now.

My son's head was down at my appointment today at 32 weeks.

It's how he wakes me up each morning now.

Needless to say, my mum found it HILARIOUS.

I think mine has turned round again over the last couple of days. I been getting some very stong kicks downwards which have been very painful and the rolling I was getting at the top of my bump has stopped. The little bugger best turn itself round again soon!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->