32/33 Weeks - babymoon? Is it too late?

mara16jade

Mommy of 2 little boys
Reaction score
So DH and I are trying to think of a relaxing babymoon location. And we both came up with Las Vegas. We love Vegas, and realized that once we have a baby, it'll be difficult to have a relaxing weekend there (i.e. spa, pool, shows, dining). We were thinking of sight seeing, but I want to save those trips to do with kids. I'm the second child, and my sister got to experience everything with my parents and I didn't see or go anywhere. And I don't want to do that to my kids. So I'd rather wait a few more years (8-10) to see places like the Grand Canyon and Niagara Falls. Some I've seen a long, long time ago and could definitely go again, and other places I've never been so. So might as well wait a little while longer, and bring the kiddos.

OK, I totally went off on a tangent. The above isn't that important. I'm rambling. :rofl:

So, for ladies around 32/33 weeks (or further along). Did you feel ok to go on a mini road trip and have a small vacation? The drive will be about 4 hours and of course we can get out and stretch/shop along the way. haha

Did anyone feel awful, tired, huge, not want to move yet by 32/33 weeks? I hope not!! Fx

I felt very good at that stage. I would go for it. I only felt tired and horrible one baby was born...haha.

Well, I may be the abnormal but I can't be sitting for long periods so a 4 hr car ride would kind of ruin the baby moon for me. Lately, my hips/pelvis and lower back really hurt if I sit too long. We drove 5 hrs about 2.5 weeks ago for a death in the family (all our families live there) I was so uncomfortable, I specifically said I WILL NOT be making this trip again until after baby...now of course I am getting tons of pressure to go back in 2 weeks for my grandmas 80th bday :( the drive will be so awful!
Other than the sitting/driving part, I'd think it would be awesome!

Yeah, I can see the drive being a tad rough. But there's potty breaks, eating and shopping along the way. So hopefully the sitting/driving part won't be too bad.

it really depends on people and their bellies.

I had a mini-babymoon (a ~2 hours road trip) when I was 35wks preggo! :haha: I went on a mini-hike too (3-hrs round trip hike)! I felt great physically... I didn't get very big though. My total weight gain was about 25lbs and it's all belly. The baby dropped a little around that time and that made my upper half body feels much better (especially my ribcage! it was awful when baby was sitting higher up)

I remember going on a 6+ hour day trip in a car when I was 36 weeks. It wasn't for pleasure unfortunately, physically I was OK for the most part....near the end my back felt a little sore, but nothing extreme. After 37 weeks is when I felt really huge and uncomfortable

Went away at 33 weeks, and it was lovely to get away. :D Only problem for me was 3hrs in the car wasn't overly comfy, so should probably have stopped more often than the once. Also, walking for long periods of time for sight seeing was more taxing than I expected. Other than that, I was glad we managed a little getaway before baby comes along.

We're taking a 2-week babymoon to Hawaii, and I'll be about 32 weeks when we go. The flight isn't too bad for us (abbout 6 hours), although it's non-stop. I'm doing a sort of trial run tomorrow when I have to fly 8 hours to Vegas, but at least I get a layover that way.

I do get uncomfortable sitting for long times, but will be wearing compression socks and getting up frequently to stretch and move.

Ooo, compression socks! That's a really good idea!

I noticed even now, if I sit for too long (or my legs are dangling off the couch) my ankles balloon up. :( Never thought that would happen for some reason. LOL :dohh:

We drove up to Orlando a few weeks ago to go to Disney World (3 hours) and while the drive was fine, the amount of walking was pure hell. I was limping for a solid week. :(

Aww! Yeah, I don't think the plan is to do too much walking...more like lounging in our spa tub and going to the pool (and eating). lol

I did a 4-hour flight for an 11-day trip to Jamaica at 29 weeks and, if someone gave me the money for another, I'd hop back on the plane tomorrow! I think it varies a lot for different people, and you need to base it on how you are feeling and how well you do with sitting in the car (to get there) and moving around (to enjoy yourself on the trip). Make sure to stay hydrated and stretch your legs out often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->