32 weeks and 50% thinned out

LEOWife89

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I’m currently 32 weeks (tomorrow). At 29 and 31 weeks I went in to be monitored for contractions that were 3-5 min apart. At 29 weeks my cervix was thick and closed. 3 weeks later it’s still closed but 50% thinned out . I’m always having contractions off and on but the do get to be about 5min apart and stay that way for about 2-3hrs. Anyone gone thru this and carried to term? My obgyn told me we’re gonna try and make it to at least 37 weeks .

I'm 33w and havent had any contractions so far. No Braxton Hicks...

I'm 33w and havent had any contractions so far. No Braxton Hicks...

Lucky! I’ve been having them off and on since I was about 24 weeks. This is my fourth child. I honestly thing this one is gonna try to bust out early .

I had that exactly at 34 weeks. When I went in they said i was closed internally (open 2cm externally but i have had 2 kids so this is not abnormal). They prepped me for early labor, gave me steroids, checked me and although the contractions were coming and going in more irregular intervals after getting nifedipine, i dilated to 1-2cm and 50% effaced. They kept me 3 more hours and i had no more change, so i was sent home with the nifedipine prescription to take as needed, up to 3 times a day. The goal was to make it to 37 weeks, which i am today! And ironically may be in early labor now :roll: but very happy I made it to full term :thumbup:

Did they give you any meds to stave off contractions? They may not since your cervix isn't changing.

Baby was head down at 26 weeks. At 32 weeks I was 100% effaced, 1 cm. I had real contractions for weeeeeeks. I made it to 37+2! Water broke at 2am, I was still 1cm. But he was born 3 hours later so I went from 1 cm to 10 cm real quick...but I made it to term! Hang in there :)

I had that exactly at 34 weeks. When I went in they said i was closed internally (open 2cm externally but i have had 2 kids so this is not abnormal). They prepped me for early labor, gave me steroids, checked me and although the contractions were coming and going in more irregular intervals after getting nifedipine, i dilated to 1-2cm and 50% effaced. They kept me 3 more hours and i had no more change, so i was sent home with the nifedipine prescription to take as needed, up to 3 times a day. The goal was to make it to 37 weeks, which i am today! And ironically may be in early labor now :roll: but very happy I made it to full term :thumbup:

Did they give you any meds to stave off contractions? They may not since your cervix isn't changing.

Yes actually he just put me on Nefedipine twice a day

Baby was head down at 26 weeks. At 32 weeks I was 100% effaced, 1 cm. I had real contractions for weeeeeeks. I made it to 37+2! Water broke at 2am, I was still 1cm. But he was born 3 hours later so I went from 1 cm to 10 cm real quick...but I made it to term! Hang in there :)

I would love for my water to break on its own lol. It only broke on its own as I was about to push with my 3rd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"