32 weeks and waiting

Jencait

Reaction score
Had my 2nd shot of betamethasone at 1 am, stop the magnesium sulfate tomorrow morning. I have too much anxiety over what if when they stop the magnesium I don't naturally go back into labor. My water has been broken for 30 hours and the possibility of sitting around waiting for infection is scary (I've been having internals too). First baby, spouse in the army and 1,300 miles from our families. I'm so worried of her needing a long nicu stay because she's weak or sick. The nurse said when she's born we would get to hold her a few minutes then shed go straight up to nicu, but that she would be one of the healthy babies in there. I have no idea what she might weigh. I just hate not knowing how hard this will be on her.. :nope: any advice, wisdom, support - anything is appreciated. I feel so alone.

Jen

Hugs!

People can managed to go a few weeks with broken waters and bubs/mum are fine, and some do need baby to come earlier for infection or risk of it.

Here's a chart of weights... she'd probably be about 3.75lb (1700gmish) if she was a 50% percentile baby. The scan should have a weight on it when they do one?

*hugs* I've got to go at the moment, but you will get there hun, it's hard waiting though. I was in labour, then had it held off for 8 days before bubby was born (waters didn't break til just before he was born though)

:hugs: I had my LO at 32+3 after my waters broke, did the mag sulphate as well but my labour didn't start up again after it was stopped (after weeks of preterm labour, couldn't get it going after waters actually broke:dohh:). What the doctors did was take a sample of her amniotic fluid for lung maturity, it came back good so we went for induction, had it shown immature lungs then would have carried on with antibiotics in hospital until either labour started or I showed signs of infection.

She was 3lb 11oz and 16in long. We did 20 days in NICU:thumbup:

Good luck hun:hugs:

Hello and welcome! Must be hard to have your family so far... Try to keep positive (easier said than done I know). Past 32 weeks is the last major milestone, the lungs are mature at that point, it`s the last big obstacle to a healthy baby so things are looking good from that angle! :thumbup: You`ll probably have what we call a 'feeder and grower' - they just need to gain a bit of weight and learn to feed properly. That`s what they mean when they say she`ll be one of the healthier babies there :hugs:

Keep us posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->