33 yrs old and too scared to tell my nan i'm pregnant!

sophieloafy

Reaction score
The title says it all.
My sisters and i have given my nan 11 great grandchildren including the baby i am having now and every single time we have been pregnant we have dreaded telling our nan!
She is so prude and against even the very thought of sex and she readily admits that she has only had sex once in her entire life and that was when my mum was conceived!
Everytime we have told her we are pregnant she has offered us the money to go and have a termination!!!!! Its not that she is cruel its that she thinks we would have an easier time in life if we didnt have children.
When my sister found out she was pregnant with my nephew she was too scared to tell our nan so i told her... she said my sister was a fool!
This baby is going to be harder to tell my nan about because after the birth of my 13 month old i swore i never wanted anymore and my hubby was going to have a vasectomy and my nan was saying how proud she was of me that i was doing something sensible to not have any more kids.
This baby was planned and i just dont know how to tell her.. i havent got the words........

I feel an idiot too that i am 33 years old and i cant even tell my nan that i am pregnant!

Relatives can be tough!

I guess you just have to get it over with like pulling off a plaster.

Good lord. Your Nan sounds incredibly rude to be honest. What ever happened to congratulations? :growlmad: Good luck with telling her and don't take her negative comments too seriously, it sounds like she has lots of issues. :hugs:

she is a cross between Hyacinth Bucket and the Queen!!! But at the same time she has a heart of gold bless her. its just this issue with babies that lets her down. she is 83!

Lol, you poor thing! I'd dread telling someone too if I knew I was going to get that reaction. Um...do you Have to tell her? Since you told for your sister...can she tell for you? :)

Just tell her. And if she's rude about it, tell her she's being rude. You're 33 and certainly don't need her approval. (though I'm sure my feelings would be hurt!)

Awe Hun. I am sure on most respects your nan is lovely but in regards to this, really it is none of her business and her opinion is not the one that counts. So what if she doesn't approve... Is it her having the baby? As someone above said, get it out of the way quick like pulling a plaster and ignore any hurtful remarks she may make.

I am sure she loves the children when they come anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->