33wks baby still breech

salander

Reaction score
Hi ladies hope you're all well
Had another growth scan today all going well! Baby is 4lbs 13oz!!!! However she is so comfy in the breech position with legs extended right in front of her face!! EEk i honestly thought she had moved this week!
So..............any advice? I've been told can try a birthing/exercise ball that could help. where can i get a cheapish one from?
Also been told swimming could help and sitting up straight.
Anyone else had this before and baby turned at the last minute? I don't want a caesarean!!
Many thanks xx

Hola :) my friend had this right up until the last minute and they simply turned her little one around so u have that option too but she may turn round yet still have plenty of time - ish !! Try all the things that have been recommended but failing that u might not even need a C section as they might be able to manually turn her round :) xx

My LO was in that position too, my MW said to use the ball as much as possible, try swimming and to spend time on all fours with my head slightly down. Hope she turns for you.
xx

Mine turned breech last week too. I've been reading on the types of things you can do:
crawling on all 4s, lifting your hips higher than your shoulders for 10-20 mins, 2-3 times a day, hip rotations on yoga ball, leaning forward etc.
Good luck to us!

Thanks ladies! I'm on lookout for exercise/birthing ball today. Any ideas wheres cheap?
I was on all fours last night for about ten mins then other half made me sit on a chair with the back at the front so i'm slightly leaning forward as midwife recommended so i'm going to make sure i do that too. Heard that the moving baby is not the nicest of experiences so i'm gonna do everything possible to get her to do it herself!!! come on babies, behave!! ;)

dont worry yet. i was in breech untill about 4 days ago and im 36 n 1/2 week. they said they should be head down by 37 week. xxx

They think mine was breech last week and I'm now 36 weeks. Got check up again thursday and if they still in doubt I've got up have scan to confirm.

Wish I knew so I could help maybe rotate it, but with them saying they think, I don't want to make it flip into breech if its head is down.

I really don't want a csection if i can help it as I'm a single mum and need to be up and about back to normal within hours of giving birth

I got myself an exercise ball and i've been sat on that for an hour and kept myself busy so i'm hoping this hard work will pay off. V promising to hear that some of you ladies have experienced the same however and babs has moved....all is not lost!! x

My baby turned at 34 weeks and she was measuring 37 so they can move totally last minute. They normally scan you before a c-section just to make sure it's worthwhile

Hey the baby should turn, mine turned between 35 and 36 weeks somewhere.. x

so fairly common then! thanks again for letting me know you're experiences!! x

I got a birthing ball from Argos - it's actually a Davina McCall Pilates set!!

It's worth trying all the techniques mentioned above, but be open minded about it. I tried all of the methods suggested and my baby still hasn't turned. If you get to 36 weeks and baby's still breech they will probably offer you an ECV, where a doctor will physically try and turn baby - but even that only has limited success, especially if it's your first baby. I suppose some baby's are just comfy in breech position.

However, even if baby doesn't turn for you, you may still be able to have vaginal delivery. The consultant told me they do go for it if there are no other risks they are concerned about. Unfortunately my baby is quite big so it's not recommended and I have CS booked for next week.

Well the babys still breech and i've been sitting on the ball and on all fours she really is comfy. Will see what mw says on tuesday but I'm 34 weeks today, still got a few weeks left for her to move!! Come on babs!!!! x

Found out my little girl was breech at 30 week growth scan, i was in hospital for a few days last week and they did a scan then, she is still comfortable in the breech position with her legs up by her face haha! it was funny seeing it on the screen :)

Got another scan on 22nd June to see if she's turned, I've been doing the exercises and what not but I think this littlen is going to be as stubborn as her dad and stay where she is.

I'm not keen on the sounds of the ECV to try and move her, I'm a bit nervous about maybe having a C-Section, but I definitely wouldn't want to try and give birth to her vaginally, some people may think I'm crazy wanting surgery instead, but I really don't like the idea of her head getting stuck or something :(

Good luck to all of us breech mummies and I hope your babies turn round too! XXX

Found out my little girl was breech at 30 week growth scan, i was in hospital for a few days last week and they did a scan then, she is still comfortable in the breech position with her legs up by her face haha! it was funny seeing it on the screen :)

Got another scan on 22nd June to see if she's turned, I've been doing the exercises and what not but I think this littlen is going to be as stubborn as her dad and stay where she is.

I'm not keen on the sounds of the ECV to try and move her, I'm a bit nervous about maybe having a C-Section, but I definitely wouldn't want to try and give birth to her vaginally, some people may think I'm crazy wanting surgery instead, but I really don't like the idea of her head getting stuck or something :(

Good luck to all of us breech mummies and I hope your babies turn round too! XXX

I'm with you on preferring a C-section to trying to deliver a breech baby vaginally. The doctors have advised against vaginal birth in my case anyway because baby is big - but even if baby was smaller I wouldn't want to do it. I just don't like the idea of baby's body hanging out whilst it's head is still stuck in there!

I also wasn't keen on ECV, but I'm glad I went to the appointment. The consultant was really good and made it clear that if it hurt me he would stop straight away. However he then took one feel and said there was no way baby would turn and therefore no point in him even trying.

If they try to move baby themselves are there risks involved? just don't like the idea of traumatising little one by forcing her into a position that she doesn't want to be in. I've read a few stories of umbilical cord could've wrapped itself round the neck had some women done this......I wouldn't like to be forced into a position any advice on that? (As i'm 34 weeks i'm hoping i've still got a few weeks yet!) x

I just had to say Salander, I love your avatar! My LO was in a similar position but we never got a clear scan pic!

Aw thanks pinklizzy, thats just the position that she likes to be in.....it was cute back then but she needs to move now haha! Got visions of her coming out and going to sleep in that position all the time!! Little gymnast :)
OOh just noticed my other half loves the name erin so thats in the running for our girls name Lovely name!....i love niamh too so we'll see what suits her when she makes an appearance!

Everytime I had my MW appointment, my LO has always been breech. He only changed to cephalic on his 37th week. So, don't worry. They always take their time! :winkwink: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->