33wks, breathless after steroids to help mature baby's lungs???

WishfulX1

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am currently 32w 6d and received my first shot of steroids last night. I have been having issues with my BP since around 24weeks and this week it's finally gone too high and protein +++ in urine so they have admitted me (on day 4 now) and said to prepare for delivery :( they've tried different meds for BP but nothing is working or if it does it works for a couple hours and shoots straight back up.

So far all my blood results have been looking good so they were holding off delivery but as I'm really starting to feel awful and protein is rising they said best to get the steroids incase things change suddenly.

I was just wondering what u all felt after receiving your jabs?
I have felt very breathless, pulse racing and had a really sore lower back which is new for me. The breathlessness is a heavy type feeling like I ca t catch my breath. My oxygen saturations are good at 97% but yet still feel very breathless and was wondering if anyone felt the same??

X

The breathlessness could just be because your diaphram has less room because of baby, have you asked the nursing staff?

Yeh midwifes know and have been taking said it isnt usually a sign but not saying its
Not related, could be because of baby but just found it strange that it came on within 30mins of the steroids. x

I just felt a bit 'under the weather' when I had my steroids,like I was coming down with a cold, the midwife said it was unusual and not a usual side effect of steroid injections and put it down to feeling run down and stressed out about the impending early delivery. I'm still convinced it was the steroids though.

All the best, hope it all goes as smoothly as poss for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->