34+6 WATERS BROKEN..also posted in 3rd tri

MoonStar101

Reaction score
Hi ladies just wanted to know if anyone has been in my situation, or had slightly early babys?
My waters broke on thursday after and have been in hospital since receiving steroid injections for the babys lungs and antibiotics because my waters have gone. Had a bit of red spotting so wasn't allowed home, hopefully should be discharged today if everything is ok and if labour doesn't start on it's own gonna be induced on fri or early next week. 36 weeks on friday. Had 1 min apart contractions for 15 mins today but they suddenly stopped. Just feeling scared cos I've not prepared for this and scared for the little one x
Sorry must seem like a pointless thread but just didn't know who to talk to

hiya its defanatley not a pointless thread with my prem baby i was 33+5 so not extremly early but my waters didnt break till i was ready to push and broke on the 1st push so i dont have experiance with that but i also had steroids for his lungs wich was great as he was breathing by his self when he was born 36 weeks with steroids is good your baby may be abit smaller than a term baby but everythink else should be fine aslong as there isnt any other complications and as long as there isnt and your baby is feeding ok you should be able to take your baby home with you i no lots of freinds that had babys at 34/35 weeks and they was able to take there babys strait home as if they was term babies and only 1 of them who had a 34 weeker had to stay in for 5 days for feeding hope this makes you feel abit better :) good luck with your new bundle of joy xx

My baby was born at 34+6, he had no problems with breathing at all, and had he been a good weight (he had growth restriction due to poor placenta) I'm sure we'd have gone home very very soon after the birth. There was another baby on the same ward as me born at 34+6, he was a good weight - over 5lbs, and they just monitored his ability to regulate his own body temperature and ability to suck/feed. He went home 3 days after he was born.

Although there are earlier babies on here I think it's still a shock when any baby arrives before 39 weeks!

Hey there,

My waters broke a lot early then yours at 20 weeks, but you are at a good gestation and the steriods do make an amazing difference.

Good luck xxx

Hi my waters broke at 35+5 and they gave me steroid injections and he was delivered at 36+1 by c section, he was perfectly fine, did not need any help in breathing or anything, no jaundice etc either and is thriving :)

Hi

My baby was born much earlier at 27 weeks but I just wanted to try to reassure you. 34+6 is a really good gestation, and your LO has had a lot more time to develop than Sophie had, and she's now a very healthy 18 month old. The steroids really do make a big difference.

It's not a pointless thread at all.

I hope all goes well. xxx

Hi
My 15 month old was born @ 33 + 4 weeks and my waters broke sponataneously at home within 3 hours she was born I had a steroid injection but I dont think it had time to work
She was born weighing in at a healthy 5lb 4oz and needed no help with her breathing stayed in S.C.B.U for 3 weeks then came home
Good Luck

Hi there

my waters broke at 34+1 and had time to have the injections, I was sent home from hospital 5 days later and went into labour a few hours after I got home

so my little girl was born at 34+6 and was 5lb 6 ! amazing and we only had 1 night in scbu so I was really blessed xxxxx

Hi ladies thank you for your lovely relpies. I was induced and gave birth to my beautiful baby girl on Monday. She was born 35+3 and weighed 5lb 5 and a half pound. she's in special care at the moment due to not been able to feed at the breast which made her to weak to function. Tube feeding is making a difference and she's alert now. She's been sucking at the breast since yesterday but hardly any colostrum is coming out. Does anyone have any feeding tips until my milk comes in? Will it be that my milk will never come because she's not with me?
Thanks in advance :)

have you tried the pumps at the hospital the medela ones are great they are so much like a baby feeding from you if you can use them then just try an sit there as relaxed as possible for as long as possible even if nothink is coming out it will stimulate your breasts wich should then help to produce more colostrum/milk and just keep doing that as often as possible you should end up with this funny feeling in your boobs wich is what you want :) good luck hope u get your lil princess home with you soon xx

Congratulations

My LO struggled with BF until I bought the Medela Nipples shields they were absolutely fantastic the minute I put them on my LO fed like there was no tomorrow, I was lucky as my milk started coming in after 2 days of her being born (which is very rare with preemie mums apparantly) and I had a healthy supply

I hope this helps let me know xx

Hey, I know the above poster had success, but don't use nipple shields yet. Firstly, get a breast pump and get pumping every 2-3 hours to get that milk in, and to keep it. Once you have a well established supply you can look at shields if needed, but not wise until then as it can reduce milk supply or stop it getting ul to the point where it needs to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->