34 weeks but cervix at 1cm

Lizkikulwe

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I am 34weeks and 4 days but when i went to hospital for a check due to some discomfort, my ob to me that my cervix has started to dilate, today its at 1 cm.

He told me lo is likely to find exist at 38 weeks or 39. My question is can my cervix start dilating and it takes 3 weeks to reach 10cm?
Do i need to slow down on my activities and take a rest to make my lo hang in there till full term?
Am confused, need some advise ladies.

Mine dilated fast and I went from 1-3 in 2 weeks. I don't think you'll dilate to 10 that fast but within 3 weeks you might dilate to 4 or so and start getting contractions and go to the hospital and then from there either on it's own our with help depending on what your doctor wants to do you'll dilate to 10. At my doctors when your dilated to 4 your usually in active labor and the rest just happens within hours.

With my first I was 1cm at 37 weeks I stayed that way till the day I went into labor at 39+3

It's very possible for you to sit at 1cm for weeks. It's possible to sit at 2-3cms for weeks. By all means take it easy though try and rest up (difficult I know) before baby arrives :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->