34 weeks, uncomfortable, breech, need to vent and support.

Tiffylove

Reaction score
I am currently 34 weeks and my lil guy is still breech. I was told if he doesn't flip in the next three weeks they will schedule a c-section for 39 weeks. I was devastated at first and then had to accept and trust that whatever is meant to be will be.

I have known he is breech for about three weeks and have tried every possible thing to flip him. Daily exercises from spinning babies, peppermint oil, cold press near his head, flashlight and the webster technique at the chiropractor. So I am starting to accept that he is just not going to flip.

I get two ultrasounds a week due to non-stress testing because I have gestational diabetes, so I know he hasn't flipped and I will know within days if he does. And I would probably be able to tell because of his position.

BUT every day I am getting more and more uncomfortable. His head is pushing up against my right ribs. So sitting is uncomfortable. It's getting harder and harder to drive. It's so hard to get up and down from sitting or from bed. I expect to feel this way at 38 weeks not 34!!!!!!

I have no idea how I can do another 5 weeks with his head pushing up and hitting my right ribs. He is my second baby, my first was head down and he used to shove his butt in my ribs or even kick them sometimes but this is nothing like that. His head is 24/7 pushing and jabbing into my right rib. I can't find relief.

How am I going to do this?

I have done everything possible with this pregnancy. I walk 6 days a week for 45 minutes, I was doing squats daily until I was told to stop as long as he is breech. I eat the best I can.........

I'm just exhausted, sore, disappointed and uncomfortable.

Sorry for the vent and complaining. I'm usually not this way.

Im right there with you. my girl has her head in my upper right ribs and is breech, but my boy has his head burrowed into my pelvis so it feels like its going to split in half. My feet are beyond swollen, driving is near impossible and I go to the doc 3x per week for pre e monitoring and nst.

Hang in there... it wont be much longer. We can do it :)

Hope he turns soon. I know how you feel - my first babe was breech from about 29 weeks - head right under the right side of my ribs and legs up in front of his face, so I had head AND feet bashing my ribs. Just know it will be over soon xxxx

Thank you everyone.

I anticipated being uncomfortable towards the end, I guess I just didn't think it would be this early.

As long as he is healthy and happy I'll deal with it!

:)

I hope he turns. You never know - I was breech and my mom told me that I flipped completely around about 3 days before she delivered (at 41 weeks). She always tells me the story because she had to stretch her body completely out to give me room to do it, and she was in the car when it happened. She said it was the freakiest thing she'd ever seen.

I have to agree there is a massive shift in uncomfortableness between 32-34 weeks. I was ok up until recently and then suddenly, urgh.

good luck with spinning your baby, mine only shifted in the last week, so there is still time!

My little guy is breech too but I also have a lot of extra waters so I'm guessing he's just saying I don't have to do anything I have a bunch of room I'm 34 weeks sat and have an ultrasound on thrus (due to my extra fluid) hopping its gone down and he goes head down or dr and I will prob talk about what were going to do. Hope your little sweets moves soon too

My LO was sideways at 34 weeks, and finally at my appointment Monday he was head down. (38 weeks). So, don't lose hope, but hopefully he will at least turn sideways for you soon so that you can get some relief. But, then you will get punches to the crotch that are super painful. haha. My discomfort comes in waves, so you might start to feel better again and then worse once you get further along. Just hang in there! It is SO worth it :)

Im still breech too, I'm trying not to panic, although it's hard, having a section is absolutely terrible for me, as I have a toddler at home that needs me as soon as I've had the baby!

Unfortunately, I don't have until 40 weeks to wait and see if he will turn head down. I have gestational diabetes so the absolute latest they will let me go if everything goes well is 39 weeks and by then the c-section will be scheduled for 38 to 39 weeks.

it might be something that you have already tried, but swimming got my little girl to turn a month or so ago. different reason, we needed her to turn for a scan of her brain but being weightless in the pool got her to flip sideways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->