35 + 4 itchy palms and neck with swollen feet

rajnin

Reaction score
I'm 35 + 4 and noticed the last two days I'm getting itchy on my chest. Every now and then I need to itch my boobs & belly probably due to stretching as forgotten to apply cream.

Last night my feet & ankles were really swollen and this morning I noticed my palms feeling really itchy too.

I don't have a rash or a itch all over my body or where I am scratching myself to bleed! Just a little worried, anyone else have this?

Luckily i have a OB appointment tomorrow so will speak to him and ask him to check my bloods etc

I heard ichy hands n feet can mean something with you're liver but I bet you just dry.

Yea read that on google. It's stopped now and is not extreme but will still get doc to give me blood tests

Oh let me know what your Dr says as this is what is happening to me too, only with minimal swelling at ankles. I am only just over 25 weeks though but it is annoying!

Okay, I'm not so worried about swollen feet as my blood pressure is low, I think it's a worry if you have swollen feet & high blood pressure.

I'm worried about my itching, hop ring it's just my high estrogen levels and not liver levels but will see what OB says.

Keep your feet elevated as much as you can

ask to be checked for cholestasis, thats the liver thing u are referring to, ive just been told during the week that i have it. im being induced today but im 39 weeks so im glad to be induced ;) u just have to be montiored closely if u do have it.
its a simple blood test to check, they should check ur bile salts and ur liver function tests. xxx
hope u dont have it but if u do remember its treatable and managable and u will be fine xxx
there is a sticky thread uptop of third tri board on it.

ps i was just monitored for the week but if its found early u may need medication for it

My friend had that and was induced At 37 weeks! Good luck!! :)

Thank you ladies,
I have made a note and will ask OB to check me for that.

Lilesmum was your itching really extreme or mild? Mine is pretty mild.

I'm 36 weeks this Wednesday so yea, fingers crossed I don't have it but if I do I guess it's better to know do can be monitored, I've read if have the liver problem they don't let you go further than 38 weeks.

Ill he seeing my OB weekly from this week - cant wait for my appointment tomorrow - hopefully it's not serious

Hi my itching started on hands and feet and was mild and got gradually worse over a few wweeks. At 28 week's my levels were ok when.checked but by 35 week's they were over. My itching has more or less subsided now as im on tablets but it's very important to not ignore the signs as its dangerous to just leave it and not be monitored for it. The reason they induce early is to reduce the risk of still birth and heart problems in the baby. I'm being induced on Fri at 38+5.
Hope your blood results come back ok bit even if they do if the itching gets worse after a bit go back and get them done again as they can change day by day. X x

Thank you! I will mention all these concerns to doctor but keep an eye on itching too.

Thank you ladies,
I have made a note and will ask OB to check me for that.

Lilesmum was your itching really extreme or mild? Mine is pretty mild.

I'm 36 weeks this Wednesday so yea, fingers crossed I don't have it but if I do I guess it's better to know do can be monitored, I've read if have the liver problem they don't let you go further than 38 weeks.

Ill he seeing my OB weekly from this week - cant wait for my appointment tomorrow - hopefully it's not serious

mine is mild too hon and only sometimes , not always at all.
my bile salts were at 11.8 , they should be under 10.
which isnt that high but they can jump high in one day thats why they take care with it. i only mentioned it to my doc cos i had previous liver issues and i thought that issue was coming back , turned out no , it was a new one ;)
im being induced now at 39 cos of it, juts in case.
it is supposed to be between 38 and 39 they induce my doc said.
im not sure why they didnt induce me last week, prob cos it wasnt very high and bub was growing away and stuff.

Thanks lilesmom,
Doc is going to check babies growth & weight tommorow. I feel better reading your message, I guess being induced at 38-39 weeks is not bad & better for baby to be out & safe. Good luck with your induction.
I will update once I've seen
my OB tomorrow morning.

I just panicked when I read how dangerous it can be and how some wine scratch then selves to bad they bleed and the risk of SB - sometimes reading stuff on the web just freaks you out but if I hadn't of checked being itchy while pregnant this problem wouldn't have been highlighted and I may not have even mentioned it up doc!

Quick update ladies.
I will be having blood taken tomorrow morning ( fasting) to check my liver levels, bile, kidney & blood count. Blood pressure is normal so he has just told me to take it easy for a while so my feet don't swell up. He also sent me to my hosp to have baby monitored so I don't worry that baby is in any kind of distress. I'm being checked weekly anyway so they will keep a closer eye on me and I guess once they get the results take it from there. My doc did say to me stop reading about it to much on the Internet as it will just frighten me ! Will keep you posted once I get me results. Thank you all

Good luck!! Yeah the Internet is a blessing and a curse lol! I thought my eczema was flesh eating disease because of it haha!! Hopefully all goes well tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->