35+5 and waters have gone...

Islabella

Reaction score
Hospital have said I won't go home now without a baby! Have to have antibiotics for GBS and having fairly regular tightenings already. Does anyone know the protocol for 35 weekers in the uk?

I don't know the protocol, but just wanted to say good luck :flower: xxx

Idk anything about UK. I do know my little girl born at 36+0 came home with me 2 days later and did great! Good luck! How did you know your water broke? Was it a big gush or trickle? Did you have any feelings like something was different before?

I'm from the uk, gave birth at 34 weeks due to preeclampsia.
They like you to stay in hospital until they are 37 weeks but this is dependant on birth weight now I believe.
Good luck
H xx

Thanks ladies... I laughed a little too hard and thought I'd peed a little (ha ha!) so went to the loo and it was still trickling. Kept coming in little gushes so I put a pad on to monitor. Started to have tightenings across the top at around the same time so called up and they said to come in to be checked. Waters went full pelt while the doctor was examining me... Oops! Luckily she saw the funny side :)

I had my DS at 35+4, he was prefect and came home 5 days after. Good luck hun x

Good luck. You will deffo have to stay in at least 1 night. I had my son at 36.4weeks and stayed in 4 days on the postnatal ward together he didnt need any special care etc but he was abit yellow and they did a few extra tests to check he didnt need treatment etc and he was starting to feed better (he was a nightmare... used to take me 2hours to get 10ml of milk in him as he was so sleepy)
So basically it all depends on how well baby copes :flower: some 35weekers are out next day while some full termers are in for a few days, you wont know for sure till baby arrives xx

Good luck hope all goes well :)

I'm not 100% sure but I think if your baby is over 5lb and your both healthy they keep you in for couple nights and then send you home but I know every hospitals different

Good luck :) I delivered at 35+2 and only spent a few days in hospital.

Thanks for all the well wishes ladies - baby Ted (Edward Anton) was born at 12:57am on 20th August at exactly 36 weeks. He weighed a respectable 5lb 14oz and is feeding like a champ and impressing the doctors with his progress. Hopefully not too long a stay - 48 hours of antibiotics for him then hopefully home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->