35 and pregnant for the first time

peach81

Mom of 1, growing #2
Reaction score
Hello ladies! I just got my BFP yesterday, and I'm super psyched. After feeling that old clock ticking, I had all but convinced myself that my desire for a child wouldn't be realized. My BF of 5 1/2 years is 45 with two grown kids of his own. Needless to say, I was sure that he would feel too old to start all over again. So imagine my surprise when he brought up the subject last month, saying that he could tell that I really wanted to have a baby. We talked about it for a few weeks, and after a visit to the doctor, we decided to go for it. Since I had never been pregnant or ever tried to get pregnant before, I wasn't sure how long it would take. Well color me shocked... we knocked it out on the first try!

I'm pretty optimistic that this will go to term. I may be a little older than the average first time mom, but I'm strong and healthy. Plus, my mother had my youngest sister when she was 35, and had my brother when she was 39. So I definitely have genetics on my side. :thumbup:

Congratulations, mama! I'm 35 and pregnant with my 2nd little girl. I can honestly say, I feel a difference in my stamina between the last pregnancy and this one (plus, I have a 4 yo to keep up with).

I'm sure you'll be great! The 1st pregnancy is blissful even when it sucks, so enjoy it and pamper yourself!

Hi ladies!

I'm also 35 and pregnant with my first. I'm beyond excited. And I also got pregnant on the first try! Really couldn't believe it :happydance:

I've been exhausted, plus I'm rehabbing a leg injury right now, so I haven't exercised in over 4 weeks. I'm dying to get the green light to work out again, and hopefully that will give me a little energy boost!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->