35 weeks & 50% effaced, .5 cm dilated FTM

bclaytonsc

Reaction score
I had my 35 week check up today and since my ob was "down there" already to swab for my Group B Strep test, she decided to check my cervix as well. I am 50% effaced and .5 cm dilated! She said that my cervix is "very favorable" for 35 weeks and she would not be surprised if this was not a "due date" baby.

Do any other first time moms have a similar experience to share?

No personal experience myself, but I've had friends who have been told similar (1-2cm dialated, baby head down and fully engaged etc) - theyve usually been told this around 38/39 weeks with private obyn's, as here in Australia they don't typically check things otherwise. One friend had her baby 1 week later, another was induced at 41+ weeks.
I think it can really depend, especially if first baby, but I'd say it sounds promising! I had my first spontaneously/naturally before his due date.

I had my 35 week check up today and since my ob was "down there" already to swab for my Group B Strep test, she decided to check my cervix as well. I am 50% effaced and .5 cm dilated! She said that my cervix is "very favorable" for 35 weeks and she would not be surprised if this was not a "due date" baby.

Do any other first time moms have a similar experience to share?
I went a week overdue with my first and I was not dilated or effaced at all at 40 weeks XD

so I’d say for a ftm, you’re well on your way for an early and possibly swift delivery! Good luck!!

Very possible you would have an early arrival. Was 2cm dilated at that point with both my children and they came 37 and 38.

Thank you ladies!! My OB did say to not anticipate a "due date baby" so we shall see!!

So hard to say hon. I was 2cm dilated at 35 weeks with my dd. I had to be Induced at 35+4 weeks because of pre eclampsia' but I've never gone early naturally b4 so expect she wud of been a 38/ 40 weeker like my first 3.
Hard to say because they intervined. But with her they only had to break my waters.

And with Tommy he was fully engaged by 35 weeks' I was induced at 37 because of ICP' and cervix was just 1cm so had to have the pessery with him. Had loads of Early labour signs with him too. Pre labour from 29 weeks and lost my whole mukas plug and had bloody show at 34 weeks.
So was pretty bummed I had to have the pessery at 37 weeks.

And with this one. I have no idea what is happening down there as haven't been checked.
I've had no signs of labour. No mukas plug no nothing. And he still not engaged so don't know what will happen Saturday.
I've had alot of painful braxton hicks but they never get consistent so not sure if they wud of done anything down there.
Will have to wait until my induction on Saturday to see if I'm dilated or not.
They have prescribed the pessery but did say if I'm 2cm dilated they can just break my waters.

Was hoping they wud check at my Consultant appointment Wed but they didn't..

Did u mean 5cm dilated hon? If so then I can't see u going to ure due date either.
Not long now anyway hon.

Honestly can go either way but I’d definitely consider getting your ducks in a row if they aren’t already ;). At 32w, I was 2cm and 50% effaced. At 36w, I was 2.5cm 75%. I didn’t go to due date. I had my son at 38w4d. I had a fairly quick labor for a ftm, and I only pushed 1.5x before he came shooting out.

Sounds like baby might arrive before the due date. Fingers crossed all goes well :)

Thanks ladies :) It is much more convenient for my husband's work if she goes at least 38+ weeks so... fingers crossed!

FXed! I feel like babies have a sixth sense for that. So hopefully she stays cozy til 38+

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->