35 weeks and 5 days.....considering castor oil at 37 weeks

Baby_Boy_Hope

Reaction score
So I feel as though I am hanging in there, but I honestly do not think I can make it thru these last 30 days. I have been having issues every since I discovered I was pregnant this time around and it has been very difficult to get through. I am aware that after Monday i'll only have 4 weeks to go, but that seems like an eternity, then I have to factor in the possibility that I could go over due. It hasn't happened with either of my previous pregnancies, but as I have learned this time around, all pregnancies are different. The doctor has informed me that I am 2cm dilated and 50% effaced, and that I could go into labor at anytime, but I know that doesn't mean I am. I could walk around at 2cm forever, which for me wouldn't be good. I am usually very tired and I have little to no energy these days, which I hate. I am actually considering taking castor oil to see if it helps induce my labor once I hit 37 weeks. I guess I just want some advice on experiences on how it may work. Based on what I have read I know that it could give me diarrhea, vomiting and contractions which may lead to labor and may not. I can honestly say that I have read stories on the internet that have been pretty much half and half, some people have good ones and others just have bad ones. At this point I am just over being pregnant and I'd rather be holding my son in my arms rather than carrying him in my belly.

All I gotta say is - https://www.marchofdimes.com/professionals/medicalresources_hbww.html

I would try just about anything EXCEPT castor oil. If your body isn't ready for labor, it won't induce labor. All castor oil will do is cause cramping, diarrhea, and misery.

Castor oil is bad for you to use, if you feel the need to try and induce try things like herbs and walking and sex but the castor oil can cause major problems for your son

I know it sucks (believe me!!) but it's really best for you to keep baby cooking till at least 39 weeks. And you really don't want to try to force your body to go into labor before it's ready...

After reading the article and hearing your opinions maybe it's best if I do wait and just let my son enter the world when he's ready, I just hope he doesn't go over time and doctors have to make him come out, because induction is never pretty.

None of us do lol! Hopefully our babies cooperate and come on time :)

If i make to my due date i will be induced also so i will start walking and stuff trying to evict him at 38.5 weeks because like you, I'd rather not be induced. But definitely not going to try earlier because I'd rather go thru a shitty labor and him be healthy

DBs first baby momma tried castor oil. He said she just threw up and pooped all over the bathroom. In the tub, sink, toilet, everywhere and then went to sleep. She was induced like 2 weeks later.

I've had sex, walked, done some rocking on all 4s and some squats but that's about all I'm willing to do to push labor along. He'll come when he's ready and the longer he's in there, the better off he is:)

Hey dear,
I've had a lousy 3rd tri so far myself and hoping for delivery right after 36 weeks but from what my friends/ cousins told me, castor oil only ever helps when advised by doctor very very close to delivery, taking it before will irritate you like the ladies said!
This is my first and I'm just so frustrated by now!
Wish there was an easier way but in afraid walk a lot and hope for the best!

Noooooo let the baby come when he or she is ready sweetie.

The baby knows when it's time, don't rush it.

Gl

With the way me and fiancee planned our last child I thought I would be elated to be experiencing pregnancy again. After the disappointment of not getting positive results then finally getting them I was excited, but after all the pain and morning sickness and pure exhaustion all I wanted to do was get it over with. Once that subsided I was fine, but low and behold more issues started to arise, more sickness, more pain, overnight hospital stays and everything else and by now I'm just over it. I had a false labor scare and everything has been okay since, besides terrible pain and now that it is safe for him to come out, it's like he's just chilling in there. I've been at 2cm dilated and 60 percent effaced for about 2 weeks now and with all the pressure and contractions I feel I thought for sure I had some progress, but nothing. At this point I have 3 weeks to go and I actually feel like i'm gonna go over and have to be induced, which is worse than going on your own. It's one of those processes that has alot of risk, because if it doesn't work or it moves to slowly then c-section is the next option, which I definitely don't want. My mother keeps saying you'll be fine you've had 2 kids before natural and vaginal and this will be the same, but every pregnancy truly is different and I know that for sure now. I just want the process to speed up so I can finally hold my son, I would rather be getting up for feedings and diaper changes every 2 hours than be pregnant at this point.

I know it's so hard. Let baby stay until he's ready to come out. You can make it through these last few weeks. That is true. Last. Few. Weeks. You are almost done!!!!!!

Ladies I totally understand the urgency....

For me tho I am booked for a section at 38+5 (because medically they dont want me to go further) and want to go into labour before as to try naturally...
I am going to bounce on a ball go for long walks have sex and eat spicy food but I don't think from what I've read that taking anything is a good idea...

I've had a painful and sick pregnancy... I can count the number of days I have not vomited as opposed to the days I have lol.... I am so tired and sick but I am so not wanting him out til he's ready because my body.... As painful as it may be for me is the best place for him... Ye it sucks but we signed up for it lol and I don't wanna make him do something he's not ready for....

I doubt castor oil would work at 37 weeks if your body isn't almost ready anyway. Although there isnt much proof that it will actually put your baby in distress I think 37 weeks is too early for some babies. Just because its 'full term' doesn't mean baby is ready and has enough fat etc.
Also castor oil is grim! It tastes vile and you will vomit and get the shits, it may not even work! X

Just wanted to say i know how your feeling, i'm 35 weeks and i'm just done with it all now, it was good while it lasted but now its becoming a joke, i just want her here in my arms and not to wake up everyday thinking is this another trip to triarge, but i know i need to keep her cooking in there and i wouldn't do anything to induce labour incase it could harm her (though it has crossed my mind i ent going to lie, does that make me a bad mother but these are things that pass through my mind quickly) i feel so bad.

But yeah just letting you know your not alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->