• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

35 weeks and fed up already : (

emily3399

3 dd's expecting #4:)
Reaction score
Title says it all really so I'm 35 weeks with baby number 6, i have a recent diagnosis of Bipolar affective disorder type 1 and my moods are all over the place but being monitored by mental health team and the pregnancy is playing havoc as it's difficult to decipher what's hormones and mood disorder.

The baby has also been transverse all the way through but on my last scan at 33+5 she was frank breech all my others have been head down by 28-30 weeks so considering i already have 5 to look after and had normal vaginal deliveries with all of them to have to have a section with number 6 would be a nightmare for me.

As if it's not been stressful enough constantly worrying about that in my last 5 pregnancies developed pregnancy induced hypertension towards the end and it's started again, so weekly sometimes twice weekly bp checks. I've been having regular growth scans and baby seems an average size but this time i feel absolutely huge and to say im uncomfortable is an understatement. I started with pelvic pain around 3-4 weeks ago but believed it was because baby had dropped but she hasn't and the pain is getting progressively worse. Walking, then getting from sitting to standing is agony, bed time is awful too, I've never experienced this before so it's new to me. I'm just totally exhausted and can't wait to get to 37 weeks to know she'd be okay to be born then.
Sorry for the massive rant but it's easier to talk to people who have a slight level of understanding.

Hi hon
I have bipolar type 2 and can totally understand where ure coming from.

From the moment I got those 2 lines I did nothing but worry.
My anxiety levels were through the roof.
One day I wud be full of the Joy's of spring and then the next I just wanted to lock myself away and cry.
I was diognosed with ICP (cholestasis of pregnancy) at 17 weeks and that just made the anxiety even worse.
I was then assigned to the parental mental health team at 18 weeks and they came over once a week. They have been so supportive.

Not long now hon. The next 5 weeks will go so fast esp with xmas etc.

Last edited:
Yes i see the perinatal psychiatrist weekly the last few weeks and my CPN weekly and they've been a great support. Got a birth plan with midwife and health visitor, it's such a whirlwind of emotion as i want her here to stop the panic and worry but then I'm faced with a host of new worries as to how my mood will respond to the post natal period. I've got 3 appointments next week and then I'm planning to go christmas shopping on one of the others days and get mine and baby's hospital bags packed so trying to keep busy.
How many weeks are you?

The worrying is just the worst.
People kept having a go at me for worrying about everything but I just cudnt help it.

I've already had my baby hon he is almost 7 weeks old now.
My mental health was ok . I had a few bipoler moments around 34 weeks but it lasted a few days then settled again.

Felt a bit overwhelmed after I gave birth but it only lasted 2 days so I think it was to do with the tiredness. I was induced and I laboured all night so I was really exhausted.
I was fine after those 2 days and very happy and on cloud 9 but sadly when my little one turned 2 and a half weeks he developed terrible colic.
I wasnt getting any sleep and it started to take its toll.
Even when he did finally settle I cudnt sleep myself because my mind was just racing and worrying and it just wudnt switch off.
I'm so sorry u have bipoler to hon its horrible.
Its nice talking to someone who has also got it because it's so hard for others understand.

Aww Congratulations on the arrival of your little boy.

Yes they keep telling me not to worry as it's out of my control and what will be will be and it will be okay, but for me that's the worst bit not having any control over things.

Tierdness is one of my triggers for a mood relapse so trying to get plenty of sleep too but at this point in the game it's not as easy as it sounds Haha.

I developed post natal depression after the birth of my last 2 but was only diagnosed with Bipolar in January, then fell pregnant in March so trying to get my levels of mood stabiliser balanced is tough because of pregnancy hormones.

How have you found the support since you've given birth?

Oh gosh hon that must be so hard only being diognosed in Jan and then falling pregnant so fast.
Sleep deprivation is also a trigger for me.
I've also been suffering from prenatal insomnia. So all this sleep when baby sleeps I just cant do it.
They have been so good hon. They come over every week and theres always on standby if I want to speak to someone I just have to phone and she will come out that afternoon or the next day.

Now hes 7 weeks its starting to get a bit easier.
I hate it when that depression kicks in it puts u in such a dark place its horrible.
I'm so glad theres so much support now.

They sorted all my birth plan and everything and my birth experience this time was alot more positive than the last time.

I'm even considering having 1 more baby in about 18 months.
But I'm 40 next month :-(:confused:

Hi there. I’m so sorry to hear what you’re going through. While this is my 3rd pregnancy, I can totally relate to your concerns. :-( I know how difficult and exhausting it must be for you. Please don’t get stressed out, but relax and take good care of yourself. My baby #2 was in breech around 38 weeks. I was asked to be prepared for a C-section. But my lil one flipped the next week. We’ll never know how things would change even in the last hour. It’s my prayer that everything goes well with you and that you’ll have a safe delivery. Hugs!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->