35 weeks,contractions every 2-4 minutes lasting 30 seconds UPDATE # 15.

yourstruly10

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm 35 weeks almost. Had pre term labor at 31 weeks. Been on bed rest since. Had a BPP done today and baby girl is weighting in at 5lb 8oz. For the last 30 minutes ish i have been having contraptions, semi painful But breath and talkthrough able. They seem are every 2-4 minutes lasting 30 seconds each. Going to wait longer to see if they last as I've been told at this point they'd just let me deliver her.

Think if she comes she'll be ok?

Does this sound like it could be the start or just a tease?

Well no one can say for sure if everything will be ok, but chances are she will be just fine at 35 weeks :hugs:
She might need a bit of help at first (some common things are oxygen, jaundice, and she might have a few feeding issues) but she'll probably be totally fine. My son was born a week later (35+6) and was A-OK after a few days and feeding well after a week. And especially if the docs are ready to deliver, I'm sure she'll be perfect!

It does sound like it could be the start of things though!! Exciting - keep us posted! :D

hey hunny :wave: how are you? obv apart from the contrations! 35weeks is a good gestation to get to! and 5lbs 8 is a great weight!!! Cam was 6lbs 8 at 38weeks. really hoping things stop for you but if not i will be here for you! not gonna lie to you but Alison will prob need a few more checks done if she does come coz she is early but she will be great :) teeny but wonderful <3 :) when are you gonna call hosp? hehehe there will be less than a year between Ava and Alison lol xxxxx

Thanks ladies. I think I'm going to give it another hour unless they get really strong and bad. Just don't want to go in if it's just going to randomly stop. We will see in a bit.

i will try stay up a bit later then to find out if ur going in lol i will keep u in my thoughts and prayers :) you got everything ready just incase? xxxx

Also did the docs say how soon they wanted you to go in? Because my LO was early and labour was fast, I've been told to go in once labour starts! xx
Especially if it's before 37 weeks!

She never really said anything about when I should go in. I'm going to call L&D soon. I got up and went pee and they seemed to have a little(0 minutes) break before redrafting. Now they don't seem quite as strong. Hmm. Maybe just false labor or painful Braxton hicks. Also they only seem to be hurting in the bottom half of my bump along with pressure.

I would definitely call! At least to let them know about the preterm labour etc, and contractions. They might want you to come in xx

I have my Biophysical Profile today too and I have to say I am totally jealous because they would not do weight with mine. I asked and she said that it was not part of the order. But I too am having some pretty painful and regular contractions so I am going to wait it out a little while longer unless they get worse quickly. I am only 33 weeks so you have a couple of weeks on me however the tech said she thinks that just by looking baby is big for gestation because he has no room whatsoever and she could barely get him to move and dr has said they will let me deliver him, im just concerned about what will happen if I go into active labor and he does not turn because at the ultrasound today he was breech.

i was born 5 lbs 6oz at full term...your baby is doing great!

it did sound like my braxton hicks do(i have an irritable uterus) but i think yours seemed to last longer? it is hard to tell on here sometimes!

did you go to l&d?

Dnt know if anyone knows but sarah is now in hosp xxx

Hey Hun, I had my daughter at 35 weeks by emergency c-section and she was absolutely fine, took a few minutes to take her first breath from shock that is all, she weighed 5lb 12oz and came straight on the ward with me, had no problems what so ever with her :D

Good luck babes xxxxxxxxx

Good luck hun, will be thinking of you xx
I had my DS2 at 36wks he was 7lb and perfectly fine no probs at all.

Hey ladies. Thank you for all your kind thoughts. When I got to the hospital I was contracting exactly as I described. I was 1cm dilated, long and midline. The nurse thought it might be a bladder infection so urine was taken. All came back clear. 2 hours later I was 2cm,long and anterior so some changes were being made. My contractions were now father apart but stronger and lasting 60 to 90 seconds. They were pretty painful at this point. Another 3 hours later and no more changes even though I was still contracting. I was then given the option to come home and see what happens because I wasn't changing anymore. So I'm now home after 24 hours of no sleep. Going to try and sleep a little. Contractions seem to be easing up a bit. Part of me isn't sure what I'm supposed to do, weather I'm supposed to let them ease off or try to keep them going. Probably let them ease since she's still a little to early to come if I can help it. Doctor did say any day any time now she could come though.

Again thank you all.

Really hope you can get some sleep before labour hits in full force :hugs:

Thanks for the update keep us posted:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back