36 and Pregnant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EllaZ

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new here and wanted to say hi! I find the threads on here really useful, as I am pregnant with my 1st baby (almost 8 weeks so far) and the advice that I read here is brilliant.

I wanted to post here to pass on positive news, as despite all the statistics telling us (at my age) that we should expect to wait 1-2 yrs to conceive, we actually got pregnant the 1st time I ovulated after we started trying. I was very, very surprised! So I guess it shows that it can happen as quick for some of us over 35 than it can for much younger women.

We are hoping that everything continues to progress healthily - so far all is good and I am experiencing the usual all day nausea, fatigue, constipation, sore breasts and everything else (-;

Ok you probably have good intentions posting this on here, but I'm struggling as to why you would post this on TTC35+ if you're already 8 weeks gone and have never posted on the forum before.

There are many people on here struggling with LTTC and TTCAL and this kind of post is quite insensitive to what they may be experiencing.

yeah, that is what I thought girls.
I am truly happy for you that you conceived so quick, but some of us, as NorthStar says, are struggling and have problems.

Hi all, Very sorry - not my intention - we were simply told be a hell of a lot of people in the months up to starting to try that we would probably have a very long wait, and it was nice to see that this advice is sometimes very wrong. I'm very much new to all of this, and so it was simply an error on my part to know that this was the wrong place. I'll post somewhere else and best of luck to you all.

It is okay and I see it is only your 2nd post. There is 35+ pregnant thread that you can post on and get some information as well as some bump buddies. Good luck with your pregnancy...

Hi everyone,

I am new here and wanted to say hi! I find the threads on here really useful, as I am pregnant with my 1st baby (almost 8 weeks so far) and the advice that I read here is brilliant.

I wanted to post here to pass on positive news, as despite all the statistics telling us (at my age) that we should expect to wait 1-2 yrs to conceive, we actually got pregnant the 1st time I ovulated after we started trying. I was very, very surprised! So I guess it shows that it can happen as quick for some of us over 35 than it can for much younger women.

We are hoping that everything continues to progress healthily - so far all is good and I am experiencing the usual all day nausea, fatigue, constipation, sore breasts and everything else (-;

congrats x it's nice to know that their are those who are able poke a stick in the eye of the media :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

A friend of mine got pg on her first attempt at 43!!!!!! wishing you a happy and healthy 9mnths. x

*sigh* I'm jealous!

But congrats to you and hope you have a happy & healthy pregnancy. :thumbup:

Congrats! Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy.I am 36 as well and have been TTC for 7 cycles. I am now using a CBEFM and am hoping that will help me to become pregnant. Your post might have been in the wrong area but hopefully it means it's just a matter of time for the rest of us.

I had lost all hope, but now, because of your post, I am hopeful again.

Thank you very much! :thumbup:

To all of you women who posted NEGATIVE words about this thread:
I am in complete disbelief (and shock) that you would take your "own" feelings of frustration out on this woman-------who was simply trying to share a story of LUCK, HOPE, and SUPPORT.
# 1- It was your choice to read it, so don't blame someone else for your negative reaction
#2- If you're going to get angry about your situation, don't take it out on someone who was just trying to be kind
#3- Externalization, self pity & sarcasm is not an effective way of receiving support, however, it is effective in attracting other negative responses, behavior, and energy so if that's your thing, have at it-
To the woman who posted: Thank you for sharing positive energy & I wish you all the best!!! I hope one day I can share the experience you are having, but if not, I will embrace all of the beautiful women around me who can.
Thank you for sharing....here, there, everywhere, and anywhere.

To all of you women who posted NEGATIVE words about this thread:
I am in complete disbelief (and shock) that you would take your "own" feelings of frustration out on this woman-------who was simply trying to share a story of LUCK, HOPE, and SUPPORT.
# 1- It was your choice to read it, so don't blame someone else for your negative reaction
#2- If you're going to get angry about your situation, don't take it out on someone who was just trying to be kind
#3- Externalization, self pity & sarcasm is not an effective way of receiving support, however, it is effective in attracting other negative responses, behavior, and energy so if that's your thing, have at it-
To the woman who posted: Thank you for sharing positive energy & I wish you all the best!!! I hope one day I can share the experience you are having, but if not, I will embrace all of the beautiful women around me who can.
Thank you for sharing....here, there, everywhere, and anywhere.

Well said!! This is not the only thread some of these same commenters attacked someone on today,.. they're on a roll! They don't even congratulate ppl on bfp's, as far as I saw. They just like to twist ppls posts to make them look like the evil one. You hit the nail on the head, 'self pity' is most probably their problem.

Hi everyone,

Ella, Im so sorry this happened to you, you came here hoping to both give and receive support, but instead were attacked and made to look like the bad one. A HUGE congrats on ur news!! I see that you only posted twice, and haven't since the negative responses. Please dont run away from this board simply cuz you ran into the wrong ppl. There are many wonderful ladies on here! :hugs:

Ladies, this is part of the issue............PLEASE before starting anything here, read this?

https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-conceive-over-35/580075-guidelines-bfp-announcements-within-trying-conceive-over-35-a.html

Ceb and Indigo, please read Forum Rules & Privacy Policy . Also please don't use caps, it can be considered yelling or threatening.

You can call me Eva :) What is happening? I mean really? This is insane :nope:

Ignore her....She is just trying to start something again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"