36 and worried

Hollybush75

Mam at last
Reaction score
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1d4d74

Take a look at my chart for this month and last. Last month was an anov but I wasn't too worried since I have read a one-off anov is quite common. But now I'm concerned this cycle I'm on now will be the same and this worries me on a number of levels. Should I haul myself to the GP with my concerns?

Bit of background. Have had three miscarriages since Feb 08, diagnosed with subclinical hypothyroidism (Jan 10) before I caught with pg#3, no treatment for this, lost pg#3 (May 10), fetal and parental karyotyping normal, began 50mcg Levothyroxine treatment Sept 10, increased to 75mcg Nov 10, decreased back to 50mcg March 11 due to becoming hyperthyroid on 75mcg.

Even when I wasn't on thyroxine my BBT was showing ovulation. I had a cycle in Jan this year where I was so sure I was pregnant....my usual pg symptoms were evident. According to FF I had a 21 day LP with five negative tests. My LP is usually 10 days.

Would the change in Levothyroxine make me not ovulate? Could this be the start of perimenopause? I need to add that my grandmother was 42 having her last period and my mother was 38 having her last one. I am not under any stress or pressure and I'm not getting any hypo or hyper symptoms either. I'm due a follow up with the endo on 4th May so I will know my levels on that day. Should I mention my concerns if my levels are off-whack? I am sorely tempted to see my GP if my thyroid levels are normal as time is not on my side and I need to know if this is now down to my eggs running out :cry:

didn't want to read & run. sorry i have no answers.
but if it was me i think i'd go to the doc and ask to get your egg reserve measured?
wish you can find more answers :hugs:

Is that the FSH test? I had that done in Feb last year and my result was around the 3 mark. GP said that was fine and no issue. Can it change dramatically in a year?

Not sure of the answers, but I would definitely mention your concerns to your GP. In the meantime try not to worry and concentrate on it resolving itself next cycle!

Thanks for all the replies however it seems I have an answer. My thyroid has gone underactive again - found out today at hospital check-up. This can account for my BBT actually dropping and the reason why I'm not ovulating. My meds have been increased and have another follow-up in 3 months.

Holly, May I ask....How long does it usually take to correct your levels? 3 months?
Sometimes I wonder if I have the same issue because my bbt is on the low side, as well.

Your dog looks soooo much like our Loopy Lola!

A friend of mine has said it took her nine months to get stable levels and I've been on meds for seven months.

As for low BBT, if you find the average BBT temp pre-o is below 36.20 celsius then there could be an issue with hypothyroidism. My average pre-o BBT before treatment was 35.8 Celsius!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->