36 week growth scan & our lil man is measuring 8lb my planned vbac is slipping away

cazza22

Mummy to 4
Reaction score
:wacko:

Yep I'm growing a right chunk. I have planned for a vbac this time around because I have 2 toddlers at home & didn't want the recovery period of a c section if I didn't have too but have been advised that I only have until 38 weeks to go into labour naturally or they are scheduling me in for a c section. My last 2 sections were not due to failed labour the 1st was due to me measuring so far ahead & the fear I wouldn't part with my son in natural labour (I felt very pressured into that section to be honest looking back I regret not speaking up)
my 2nd section was due to an infection in my placenta because my waters had been leaking for over a week my daughter was in distress so had to have an emergency section :cry:. Such an Awful experience but shes here thank god xxxx

Do any of you vbac ladies have any advice for me? I'm starting to panic a little now about things that can go wrong. Also any tips to get this labour started I've never gone over 38 weeks before but it's happened on its own it doesn't seem to be this time :dohh:

Thanks in advance girls x

Caz xxxxx

OP: Few things, firstly I would be seriously questioning the timing of 38 weeks. That's too early IMO for a healthy baby. I'm not saying go to 41/42 weeks but at least tell them that you should be waiting until 40 weeks to go into natural labour to give your body the best chance.

And just wanted to add that I had a growth scan at 36 weeks too, after suspected breech and high fundal height (I was planning a homebirth) and my LO measured 8lbs then too. She was infact born at 41+5 weighing 8lb 7oz, so a respectable weight but not anywhere near their 'predictions'.

I was once told this about ultrasound scans and how inaccurate they can be so I'll pass it on in the hopes it may aleviate your fears. Imagine trying to measure around a humans torso when they're in the bath via video camera when your sitting in the next room. Sounds pretty impossible right...that's a little how it is for babies. There's a wall, there's fluid and it's a 2D image. There are going to be inaccurancies, so I wouldn't allow a growth scan to completely change your plans.

Hope you manage to get the birth you want, stand up against the doctors for what you want. If there is no danger, then 38 weeks is too early. Your body needs time to prepare.

Evening Primrose Oil
Raspberry leaf Tea
Pinneaple

These are 3 things i know have worked for others if used together :) Epo can be taken orally or inserted to the cervix. :hugs:

Im racing for my VBAC too hun.. i have until 38 weeks as i have GD so im already taking epo and RLT and will add in pinneaple at 37 weeks along with doing epo internally from 36 weeks.

Theres still plenty of time.. try not panic about it too much (ill remind myself of this when i hit your stage :rofl:

I'm sorry you are worrying over this. I would imagine that your care team haven't taken the decission to proceed with a c-section at 38 weeks lightly as you are in the UK (I think, going by your sig) and they aren't just handed out early willy nilly. So don't feel you have to justify their decission!
Hopefully in the next 2 weeks things will get going for you. For me with my 2nd LO clary sage oil really helped- I started using it at my due date, a few drops in the bath and a few drops mixed into almond oil rubbed on my bump and I had contractions every time. I also used evening primrose oil and tat seemed to elp soften my cervix, according to my MW. You could also try accupressure or accupuncture- I know that often offers good results.
Good luck :flower:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->