36 weeks + 5 days, period like stomach pains and diarrhoea 4 times in a day?!

bex3614

Reaction score
Hi ladies, im just feeling a bit concerned today. I have been experiencing aching stomach pains like period pains in my lower stomach every so often through out the day today. And also have had to go to the toilet resulting in diarrhoea 4 times today, starting at about 8 this morning. I have done my research and looked in books, and have read several times that these can both be early signs of labour, and the diarrheoa is cleaning out my body to prepare?

I was also in hospital 2 nights ago as my blood pressure was very high, had + protein in my wee, and hands and feet swelled right up. Midwife checked blood pressure and urine day kater and they were back to normal, although my ankles are still slightly swollen...

My mum had pre eclampsia with both me and my brother, and she had to be induced with both of us 2 weeks early. So i know that i may too be at risk of developing pre eclampsia.

With this mild scare at the hospital, and then me feeling not so good today, it has worried me slightly. Can any body help please :shrug:

xxx

Make that going to the toilet 5 times... and also hurts when doing pelvic floor squeezes?

Hun, I've had a dodgy tummy for the last few weeks and go several times a day, and I've been experiencing period pains for weeks.

BUT I had Pre-eclampsia in my last pregnancy, and I know how serious it can be, so any worries you have... Go straight to hospital as those worries can raise your blood pressure.

Maybe give them a ring and explain?

Thankyou for replying :)
I see, did you have to be induced? I've had diarrheoa throughout my pregnancy, now and again, but today its been non stop (as awful as it sounds!)
Did you have many problems with you having pre eclampsia?
I'm seeing my midwife on Friday morning, i wasnt sure whether to wait till then to bring it up? As everytime i have mentioned any sort of pains ive been told its normal with pregnancy, now im not sure whether im over reacting with these pains x

I had diahorrea for about 2 weeks, several times a day and its changed to super soft BM now with the occasional loose ones.. For me it didnt result in imminent labour. MW said its my hormones, so cant help you there.

Hey hun, yeah I was induced at 36+5 weeks due to Pre eclampsia.... Really high bp, protein in urine, my hands and feet ballooned and then they did some reflex tests and said my reflexes were affected which meant I had to be induced ASAP.

Baby was absolutely fine and is now a healthy happy 2.5 year old... But my bp was raised for ages after, and they didn't let me home for a week or so after.

Not heard about the reflex thing before?
Was your blood pressure high all through your pregnancy or just towards the end?
Because mine has been relatively normal throughout my pregnancy, but just last week it was really high which concerened the midwife. And that was the first time id had swollen hands and feet, and also first time id had alot of protein in wee. It all came at once!

Tonight ive just been trying to keep track of these stomach aches, it seems to be happening every 2 hours ish, for about 2 minutes. Does that make any sense, or is it totally random lol? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->