36 weeks!

Rhiannon137 - hopefully not much longer now! How did the acupuncture go?

jessicaftl - sorry to hear you frustrated hun, did you speak to the midwife?

It was a good acupuncture session; if nothing else I got to lay quietly in a warm, dark room.for an hour while someone else took care of my kids! I have been having a lot.of contractions since, but nothing that has settled into a pattern or felt "real". I also slept REALLY well Friday night.

I have an appt w my doctor tomorrow morning, and she plans to sweep my membranes. Then I have another acupuncture appt in the afternoon. I can convince my rational mind that I'm not even 38 weeks yet, and just need to be patient. However, my hips, back, and part of my mind that wants a giant glass of wine disagree.

It was a good acupuncture session; if nothing else I got to lay quietly in a warm, dark room.for an hour while someone else took care of my kids! I have been having a lot.of contractions since, but nothing that has settled into a pattern or felt "real". I also slept REALLY well Friday night.

I have an appt w my doctor tomorrow morning, and she plans to sweep my membranes. Then I have another acupuncture appt in the afternoon. I can convince my rational mind that I'm not even 38 weeks yet, and just need to be patient. However, my hips, back, and part of my mind that wants a giant glass of wine disagree.

Good luck!

jessicaftl - sorry to hear you frustrated hun, did you speak to the midwife?

I did, and we're going to go ahead and wait until this Friday for an induction just to see if I can go a few more days and go on my own. My babies always come late so I'm not very surprised to be this far along. I had an NST and a bio physical profile ultrasound done again this weekend and baby looks just fine, so now I'm just waiting for things to finally get started!!

Rhiannon137 - your acupuncture session sounds great! A nice little break for you :) how did the sweep go? The last few weeks are definitely the hardest, almost there mumma xx

Jessicaftl - oh wow! How far along will that make you by Friday? Either way LO is going to be here so soon!! :happydance:

Nothing much happening over here, cramps, sore back and Braxton Hicks everyday. I have another OB appt on Friday and he’s going to do a ‘good sweep’ for me. Last time he done this I had my DD the next day so fingers crossed :) otherwise we’ll just keep waiting :coffee:

Rhiannon137 - your acupuncture session sounds great! A nice little break for you :) how did the sweep go? The last few weeks are definitely the hardest, almost there mumma xx

Jessicaftl - oh wow! How far along will that make you by Friday? Either way LO is going to be here so soon!! :happydance:

Nothing much happening over here, cramps, sore back and Braxton Hicks everyday. I have another OB appt on Friday and he’s going to do a ‘good sweep’ for me. Last time he done this I had my DD the next day so fingers crossed :) otherwise we’ll just keep waiting :coffee:

I'll be 43w on Friday!

Fx that you'll be in labor soon, good luck with your sweep, hoping it goes well for you, keep us posted :D

I continue to experience a whole lot of nothing. The sweep was not as uncomfortable as I expected, and the doctor said she was able to "really get in there and do what she needed to do " Yay? The acupuncture was.pleasant again for the chance to just be still and quiet for a while.

I have been having a lot of contractions in the evenings fornthw last week, but nothing that has made me believe anything real is happening. Hopefully some of you other ladies have more interesting news.

I'll be 43w on Friday!

Fx that you'll be in labor soon, good luck with your sweep, hoping it goes well for you, keep us posted :D
Oh my soul, are your doctors not considering inducing you now? 43w super late. What a bub..sooo comfy in there.

They did want to induce but I planned to wait until I was 43.... no matter I had her naturally this morning at 353 am, was 9cm when I got to the hospital around 2 am, had gas and air and yellow bump turned pink for me!

Sweeps never really worked for me, just got my parts riled up lol. Hoping you get some action soon!

They did want to induce but I planned to wait until I was 43.... no matter I had her naturally this morning at 353 am, was 9cm when I got to the hospital around 2 am, had gas and air and yellow bump turned pink for me!

Sweeps never really worked for me, just got my parts riled up lol. Hoping you get some action soon!
Ahhh thats wonderful news! Congrats mama! Welcome little petal! Rest time now for u mama. Enjoy every moment.

jessicaftl - congratulations!! So glad she decided to come on her own and you didn’t need an induction! :) rest up now mumma and enjoy those newborn cuddles! Xx

Rhiannon137 - it’s just a waiting game now isn’t it :coffee: do you have anymore acupuncture appts?

Hi ladies!

I hope everyone is well. I just wanted to update that baby Ryan Caine was born 12/26 shortly after noon. I had been scheduled for an induction later that day and was dreading it.

I woke up with contractions around 5 and ignored them for an hour or so. I realized they might be real and got to the hospital around 8:30 already at 5 cm, and things went pretty fast. It took about an hour to push him out, but that was WAY better than the 4 hrs it took for my first. He didn't even cause too much damage.

Best of luck to you all, and Happy New Year!

Yay! Congratulations Rhiannon! I’m so glad you didn’t end up having to be induced :) hope you and your new LO are recovering well xxx

Congratulations all around ladies!

Flannz - how are you doing? I've been checking here to see if you've gone yet looks like you're still waiting??

jessicaftl - Yep still waiting 40+1 today :coffee: I had my second sweep at 38+4 and the OB said I was 3cm, that night and the next day I had a bit of a show and lost lots of mucus plug. Then nothing much until yesterday, I’ve been losing more plug and just feel crampy. Hopefully not to much longer now, both DS and DD both came at 40+4 so kind of expecting the same lol

Hope your new LO is treating you well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->