37.5 weeks, emotional, tired, not feeling right

misslissa

TTC our first!
Reaction score
I've felt pretty good all through my pregnancy but this last week I've started to get very hormonal. Feeling down and irritable. Feel like the baby is going to come any time and I don't feel ready. We've just moved house and done well unpacking etc and the house doesn't look too bad but it's not finished and its making me anxious. I feel like there is no time.

I'm getting loads of BH, period pains and general pressure. I've not even finished packing my bag.

I keep hearing horrible birth stories which is undoing my hypnobirthing work. It's impossible to avoid.

People keep asking why I'm moody, I'm nearly 38wks pregnant, I'm tired, I've just moved house, I'm waiting to go into labour, we're having a baby for gods sake - it shouldn't be rocket science that I'm having a wobble.

I just want some time at home without being pestered to do this or do that. I want to be left alone. Is this normal? I even wonder if I want to give birth alone, my OH would be upset to hear that and I know deep down I'll want him there I'm just having this "keep away from me" feeling towards everyone.

I'm scared, that's the last thing I want as it could hinder the birth. How do I get out of this mindset???

I'm right there with you.
Don't let the birth detractors get you down. Focus on your space. I think that is what your bosy is trying to tell you. Can you get out on your own to a wide open park or something and just lie in the sun and breathe? I've stopped answering the ph, I'm in my own space as I know I need that. I know when it comes to the birth I need my hubby there but I can tell you that most of it I am in my own head very unaware of what is around me just focusing on birthing and breathing. You can do it, try to find the calm again and push all the stressors away. You're allowed to wobble. I have major wobbles but I know what I'm like in the birth and it's calm and in zone. Just believe in yourself. You can do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->