37 weeks and a lot of pressure in my bottom--could this be early labor?

ecb2011

Reaction score
Okay ladies, I'm a first time mom, 37 weeks pregnant and for the last day and a half I've had constant pressure in my bottom like I need to have a bowel movement, yet nothing comes out? It doesn't go away no matter what I seem to do. I'm not having contractions, or at least I don't think I am? I'll have some mild pain in my lower back but that's coming and going and is not anything regular. Just wondering if this pressure means I could be going into labor soon? It hasn't seemed to stop or back off any. I also notice some pain in my sides, but again nothing regular. Is this pressure a sign? At my checkup yesterday my doctor said my cervix was starting to thin and dilate and that the baby was really low. Did any of you experience this pressure and is it the early stages!? Thanks! :)

Sounds like your baby is engaged and it's all good signs having that pressure I was like that on my 1st good luck :hugs:

as above...babe engaging.... as it kinda sits close to you bum

Thanks ladies thats what I figured, but just wanted to make sure! :) I was up a couple of times throughout the night with some pretty bad braxton hicks, but this morning I'm fine!

Hi just noticed we have the same due date, how u feeling not long now :) :)

Awe how awesome! I'm feeling READY. Haha. I can no longer get comfortable, and forget sleeping at night. I have spd so it's been pretty painful these last few weeks but am looking on the brightside, and pretty soon all this pain will be worth it! My doctor told me on Friday that he doesn't look for me to go until the 19th because she's so low already, so we'll see! How are you feeling? Boy or girl!?!?

It also could be constipation... no matter what though you don't have long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->