37 weeks on monday & going to start to try and bring on labor!

mummie2be

Reaction score
So monday I hit 37 weeks, and with the possibility of me being induced hoovering over my head, me and OH think it will be a good idea to try and start to bring on labor naturally! I dread the idea of having to be induced and would much rather go naturally.

So question; any good tips on ways to bring on labor? Sex is pretty much out of the question due to the pain I am in, and spicy food makes me sick. So it seems like I am stuck using other methods to try and bring on labor.

Sex works as well, with my first I walked and dtd the day I went into labor!

Evening primrose oil, red raspberry leaf tea, and if you can, see a chiropractor or massage therapist that specializes in prenatal to make sure that baby gets in the optimal position.

Nipple stimulation can bring on contractions, and there are pressure points you can use to bring on contractions, too. I don't remember specifically where they are but you could look it up.

Just remember that if your body isn't ready to go into labor, there's pretty much nothing you can do to get it going short of medication, so don't get too frustrated if it's not working, and don't get too carried away. You don't want to put any undue stress on the baby trying to get it to come before it's ready.

Good luck!!

Walk and stay as active and upright as you can. Climb stairs on hands and knees. I was induced 9 days after due date with my first, and I tried EVERYTHING in the book ( literally everything except castor oil). So for me I say forget it this time around. Not gonna even attempt anything. But I think the consensus is that walking and being active gives the best shot! Good luck due date buddy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->