38 and single in Canada AFC on Tuesday

Nicker

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I am not really sure where to start here. I saw the RE for the first time on November 17 (CD18) regarding IUI with donor :spermy: I actually already picked the donor I want to use. I never got the news I was wanting when I was there, but I haven't let it get me down. I went in with my eyes open. I had been trying really hard not to get too optimistic because you never know.

I have been on methotrexate for the last 4 or so years. I have always known not to get PG on it but I was always told that after a few months of high doses of folic acid after stopping MTX and I would be good to go. Well, the RE informed me that the MTX may have led to POF and I may not have eggs left to work with. He said that if I have eggs, with my age and the MTX I have a very short window to ttc so we better get on it. If all tests go well we do IUI in January.

I had HSG on Wednesday (CD24). My tubes are both open an my uterus looks good. Obstacle #1 crossed. Today is CD3 and I went for FSH and a bunch of other hormone tests today. I go for AFC on Tuesday. If my understanding from what I have read is correct I want FSH to be low and AFC to be 10+???? He should have the FSH results when I see him on Tues I hope. If not I will call later in the week to find out.

Next set of labs ordered is for CD21. However, I believe I Od on CD11 or 12 this cycle (just going by mucus and physical symptoms) should I get an OPK and ask if I should go for the blood work 7DPO? The CD11 or 12 O would fit with the 24 day cycle I had....

I met with the psychologist today. She will have the report sent to the RE on Tuesday after I see her again. Apparently it is law in Canada that all individuals using donor sperm or eggs have a psych eval.

Okay... I rambled long enough.

Hi there - I am also 38 and TTC in Canada. i wish you the best of luck.

Good luck!! I think it is good they do a psych evaluation...shame they don´t insist on one for all new parents!!, (mind you I´m not sure I´d pass so maybe not.)
I hope you get some good news. I´m thinking of trying iUi in Feb so let me know how you get on.

Natsby - I will keep you in the loop. Hopefully tomorrow I will know what my egg reserves are.

Punk - Thanks. Best of luck to you too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->