38 ttc

tigerlilly

Blessed with no.2!
Reaction score
Hi I hope i posted in the right section? I'm 38 and have been TTC #1 for 6 months. I'm also over weight by 80lbs!!! even though im so frustrated i refuse to give up and try to remain positive. I'm tying to find other women in the same situation particulary those who don't already have children. I find it hard that we either have friends who's children have grown or they don't want children whom don't quite understand how it feels. sometimes I feel that this will never happen for me. However i have one friend who has just given birth to baby #1 @ 43 and got pregnant on the first try!!!!!

Hi Tigerlilly! Welcome! :hugs: You are definitely in the right section! The ladies here are so helpful, supportive & caring :thumbup: I hope you get your :bfp: soon!

Sending lots of baby dust your way! :dust::dust:

hello there!!
I am 35 and also somewhat overweight. We have been TTC #1 for 6 months also and so far no luck. I think it all depends on your own body, genetics, "luck?". Some women seem to have no problem and others seem to take a little longer. Did you start taking folic acid? My OBGYN said that helps your body get prepared. Do you have any complications? what does your OBGYN say?
I have a doctor's apt @ the beg of August so I will ask all sort of questions (as of why I am not pregnant yet?). I know it is frustrating and I understand how you feel about thinking it may never happen to you. Just hang in there!! it will happen to you!!!

Best of luck!!

HI and welcome, don´t worry I know six months feels like a long time, but it is well below average, most couples take a year to get bfp and at our age it can take a little longer. You´ll find lots of support, and laughs, on here and I´m sure you will be moving on to first tri soon.

Hello :hi:

I'm 40 and TTC#1 and I'm overweight too (although I prefer a term that has been used in this section where someone with padding described themselves as "fluffy")

DH & I TTC for 11 cycles in 2009 with no hint of a BFP and we took a year off from TTC due to me struggling with depression but this is currently cycle 2 of TTC again :)

Good luck with TTC and hope you see your BFP soon :dust:

35 Years old, TTC for 2 Years, Also on #1. Overweight too :blush:

Really positive about your friend and having her baby at age 43! - thanks for sharing that.

I know, when its a friend or someone close, its hard to stay positive :flower: And I agree, its hard. Especially when your friends become grandma and -pa already...I have a few early 40 yo friends (3 of them) who is grandma.

You will find lots of ladies in your position.

:hugs:

I'm 38 too, but TTC #2 (this is my first cycle trying). I got pregnant with #1 when I was 34 and about 50 lbs overweight at that time. The only issue I had was a minor blood pressure jump. I wouldn't worry too much about being overweight unless you have a medical condition or your doctor thinks your weight is an issue. I'm not sure what your view is on the extra weight, but if you wanted to lose some, you could work on that while TTC. It can be a great distraction for those dreaded TTWs! :)

Hi Tigerlilly! You're definitely in the right place! I too am fluffy! Am 38 (for another 2 weeks still) and TTC #1. None of my friends are TTC or pg. It's nice to come to a place where I don't bore people with all the TTC details! And trust me, no one who is not TTC wants to hear what your CM is looking like that day :shock: On here no one bats an eyelid at it! Welcome and Babydust to you!
:dust:

Thank you everyone all ur messages mean a lot to us. To wanna b a mom i've been taking folic acid since august 2010 and i live in the UK so i don't have a OBGYN but my Dr thinks it will happen and doesn't think my weight will cause too many problems. Macwooly i also suffer from depression so ur not alone xxxx Thank u all once again xx

Hi Tigerlilly! You're definitely in the right place! I too am fluffy! Am 38 (for another 2 weeks still) and TTC #1. None of my friends are TTC or pg. It's nice to come to a place where I don't bore people with all the TTC details! And trust me, no one who is not TTC wants to hear what your CM is looking like that day :shock: On here no one bats an eyelid at it! Welcome and Babydust to you!
:dust:

LOL, this cracked me up!!! Your right, its so normal here to talk about CM or if your boobies hurt, its so nice to have people listen and understand what your saying.

Tigerlilly: I am 43 and yep i am fluffy, but you know what that does not matter, unless your weight is stopping you from ovulating, you can and will get pg!! Welcome to the boards!!

I'm 38 too and a couple months away from 39 and TTC #1 for 4 months now. I know that is not long and it takes people up to a year to conceive but unfortunately time is just not on my side! And I have no patience too!! Its hard to think I spent 20 years of my life trying to not get pregant and now when AF comes, I'm so depressed!!

So CD1 yesterday and due to my lack of patience, called my doc and asked for them to call in a prescription for Chlomid. I'm hoping it ups the number of eggs and gets things moving faster. :0) I figure all else, at least I will know if I'm ovulating or not - which is key!

Good luck ladies! So glad I found this site!!

:hi:

I'm 38 too and only starting ttc after 20 years of paranoid birth control :haha:

We've just stopped BC and are 'waiting to see what happens' which means: he's waiting to see what happens and I'm reading posts on here and feeling anxious about my age :)

It's great to meet others in the same situation.

Fingers crossed you get your :bfp: very soon!!!!

Please don't feel anxious about your age :hugs: Many women on this site are getting their BFPs at 38+ :thumbup:

I'm 40 and TTC #1 :thumbup:

It was said on another thread "if you still bleed you can still breed" :thumbup:

Hi I hope i posted in the right section? I'm 38 and have been TTC #1 for 6 months. !!!!
Hi Tigerlilly! You're definitely in the right place! I too am fluffy! Am 38 (for another 2 weeks still) and TTC #1.
I'm 38 too and a couple months away from 39 and TTC #1 for 4 months now.
So CD1 yesterday and due to my lack of patience, called my doc and asked for them to call in a prescription for Chlomid.

I just turned 39 and am TTC #1 on cycle #4! :hugs:

TigerLilly...you are definitely in the right place...
Hockey...did the doc fill the Clomid Rx...wish I could get prescribed Clomid with a phone call....no patience here, either...
Lyv....how long have you been TTC?

:hi:

I'm 38 too and only starting ttc after 20 years of paranoid birth control :haha:

Fingers crossed you get your :bfp: very soon!!!!

And I can so RELATE to this...:happydance: the stress of skipping just one pill, I really now wonder why :dohh:

Good luck to ya all..Holding thumbs. :thumbup:

@ Macwooly: What a absolute brilliant quote..Thats my motto from now on! I can breed! :haha:

@ Macwooly: What a absolute brilliant quote..Thats my motto from now on! I can breed! :haha:

I'm not sure who initially said it but someone else said it on another thread so they deserve the credit but they have a point and it is my motto now :thumbup:

Yes - I can totally relate to what you are all saying here. I've only been trying to get pregnant with #1 since the age of 39 (I only got married last June). Up until then I had spent my whole adult life trying NOT to get pregnant!! I always just used to assume that you could get pregnant at any time - now I find out that you only have that 5 day (max) window of opportunity each month :dohh: How annoying!!! :haha:

Yes - I can totally relate to what you are all saying here. I've only been trying to get pregnant with #1 since the age of 39 (I only got married last June). Up until then I had spent my whole adult life trying NOT to get pregnant!! I always just used to assume that you could get pregnant at any time - now I find out that you only have that 5 day (max) window of opportunity each month :dohh: How annoying!!! :haha:

Yeah, that 5 days, who would have guessed?

My DH was also under the impression that all month, any time, is a good time for making babies:haha: I never really knew how to explain to him what I found out..but slowly I started the "education" process as I got Educated! But he was still in disbelief!

Then last nite, I got my charts out - all 2 years worth..which he had no clue about. They were only Cycle & BD charts, and OH BOY, the look on his face when I showed him those and said: Luvy, look at all that baby dancing ... howcome the deeds not done...What are you doing wrong. haha.. Such a funny moment. Like he just understood!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->