38 weeks BH or real contractions

Angelmiss3

Reaction score
Hi, looking for some advice.

I'm 38 weeks exactly today and before I say I have thrush and used a cannestan pessary as I've been getting it every two weeks. I didn't use the applicator or push it in that far. Felt fine but half an hour later I started getting really sudden intense painful cramping and tightening across my lower tummy and sides that seemed to get more intense. They seemed to get stronger every 10-20 seconds.

Not sure if the pessary could have caused this? But never had it before or intense cramping like this.

I decided to take a walk down stairs and they died down but I still have a sort of dull cramping in my sides and tummy but not as bad. ( I'm sitting down ) if that helps? Felt sick along with it. I thought it could have been maybe I needed to use the toilet, but I've already been.

Does it sound like BH or the start of labour? ( no back pains )
What should I do? I really don't want to call unless needed to

BH are uncomfortable but not really painful and your bump would go hard, my labour pains weren't like that and wouldn't go on for that long

Keep an eye on it and if your not sure you could always ring the midwife for advice xx

My Braxton hicks with my first were really painful towards the end there was several times where I thought I was going into labor and they were coming like contractions but boy did I realise the difference between real contractions and bh. If the pains have gone I would say bh and maybe just your cervix was a bit irritated. If it keeps going and getting stronger I would call your l&d. The last 2 weeks are the worst I took everything as a sign of labor lol it's hard not to especially because you want the end to come sooner rather than later. Good luck and I hope of it is Braxton hicks it eases up for you but if it is labor I hope it is quick and a great experience not long till your lo is here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->