38 weeks pregnant and terrified of dying!!!!

Momma89

Reaction score
I'm 38 weeks and some of you may have read my old posts about my fear of dying in childbirth. I had the fear ever sense I googled pregnancy and came across stories I shouldn't have read years before got pregnant. In my mind I'll end up the one percent that has complications and die. On and off throughout this pregnancy it has been rough but I manage to pull myself together for my little one. I feel guilty when I cry cause I know she will feel it. Now I'm days away from delivery. Part of me still thinks all worst case scenarios will happen to me but I'm trying to remain calm. After all there's nothing I can do now she is coming one way or another. I have prayed every day of this pregnancy for a smooth pregnancy and delivery. So far pregnancy has been great with minor hiccups. I still have this weird thought like oh you had pretty smooth pregnancy your going to have a hard labor and delivery for sure.

Then I get bouts of confidence and excitement that's lasts few minutes and I get afraid that's a sign for things going to go wrong so I try to think well don't get hopes up anything could happen.

My husband says I need to relax and everything is going to be fine and I'm going to feel dumb when it's all over. Just like he told me when I thought I would die getting my wisdom teeth out. I hope he's right... That I'm overreacting again.

Anyone feel this way?

Ohhh huge hugs! Yes you do need to relax, but no one in the history of being told to calm down, has ever calmed down from being told to do so!
So, arm yourself with knowledge, read some Ina May Gaskin, talk to your midwife, from what you’re saying you could have a real phobia, that needs support, talking about. How was your mother’s birth with you/siblings?

Ohhh huge hugs! Yes you do need to relax, but no one in the history of being told to calm down, has ever calmed down from being told to do so!
So, arm yourself with knowledge, read some Ina May Gaskin, talk to your midwife, from what you’re saying you could have a real phobia, that needs support, talking about. How was your mother’s birth with you/siblings?

Thank you! My mom can't really go by she smoked and had placental detachments on all us kids. My sister had pretty perfect pregnancy and delivery and she had hyperthyroidism before got pregnant. Her labor and delivery was 16 hrs so average for FTM. I just know though of rare things like AFE can happen to anyone no matter how healthy and scares me.

Yes rare things do happen, planes fall out if the sky, people get struck by lightening... but this, birth - millions and millions of women have done this and you can too! The amaxing healthcare we get now, the wonderfully trained midwives and doctors are not going to let anything happen to you. You can and will do this! Have faith in your body, it’s got you this far, I’ll be looking out for your birth story in the weeks to come, soon it will be passed, it will be a memory, and you will be holding your baby. Aim for that moment - the moment you get to meet each other. Xxx

You always read horror stories on google one of the main reasons I don’t google anything health wise etc !

Like PP said millions of women give birth each day some even have home births! I think the rate is very low although it’s a scary thought and your defiantly not the only woman to have gone through this! Is this your first child ? Wondering if it’s a case of not knowing what to expect etc. I think we all worry about the worst case when it comes to our health / children’s health.

Agree aim for the moment you hear your baby cry it will soon be here ! Good luck !

Yes rare things do happen, planes fall out if the sky, people get struck by lightening... but this, birth - millions and millions of women have done this and you can too! The amaxing healthcare we get now, the wonderfully trained midwives and doctors are not going to let anything happen to you. You can and will do this! Have faith in your body, it’s got you this far, I’ll be looking out for your birth story in the weeks to come, soon it will be passed, it will be a memory, and you will be holding your baby. Aim for that moment - the moment you get to meet each other. Xxx
One of the thing's I'm afraid of is amniotic fluid embolism. I came across a story about a lady that feared this and it end up happening. Now I think that will be me as well. Most of time I can't picture myself with my baby And I picture my funeral. I'm hope everyone is right and it's just a phobia and anxiety. Thanks! I really hope I can come a share my birth story on here.

You always read horror stories on google one of the main reasons I don’t google anything health wise etc !

Like PP said millions of women give birth each day some even have home births! I think the rate is very low although it’s a scary thought and your defiantly not the only woman to have gone through this! Is this your first child ? Wondering if it’s a case of not knowing what to expect etc. I think we all worry about the worst case when it comes to our health / children’s health.

Agree aim for the moment you hear your baby cry it will soon be here ! Good luck !

Told my ob my biggest fear is AFE like I mentioned in previous post and my ob reassured me that he only saw four cases in twenty nine years and they all were c section. So that helped abit but every now and then I think what if I'm that odd person. This is my first child so I know that's part of the reason I'm feeling this way I guess. Hopefully it does go well. Thank you

Dont want to read and run. I have the same fear and I'll be induced Saturday I'll be 38 weeks. I find comfort in knowing I will be in a hospital that has seen it all and in case of an emergency they know what to do. This is my 2nd child and even tho I know what to expect it still gives me anxiety. We will be just fine and our babies too will be in our arms. Goodluck, you got this!

Dont want to read and run. I have the same fear and I'll be induced Saturday I'll be 38 weeks. I find comfort in knowing I will be in a hospital that has seen it all and in case of an emergency they know what to do. This is my 2nd child and even tho I know what to expect it still gives me anxiety. We will be just fine and our babies too will be in our arms. Goodluck, you got this!

I hate the unknown, thanks and goodluck with your induction!

I’m under the care of the perinatal team due to my severe anxiety of something terrible happening to my baby.

I know how you feel, it’s all consuming, and people tell you to relax but you just can’t. I’ve been put on an anti psychotic medication

I’m on the labour ward now about to have steroid injection and then a sliding scale in perpetration for planned section Wednesday morning.

I’m absolutely petrified and so desperate to get her here alive and well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"